Thread: EWC News?

Liked: 190

Default EWC News?

Enough with the impending gloom and doom of the Kent, I'm all gloomed and doomed out. I'm more interested and excited to hear some news about the upcoming '05 season for the CenDiv Formula Ford EWC. The infamous EWC promoter, Mr. Steve Beeler, has been very quiet and I just need a teaser of scheduling info to plan for next season. I'm sure Steve is lurking out there somewhere, how about a little something to help us make it through these tough times.

Bill Bonow
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 1

Default Bonow left hanging...

Jeez, not much response to Bill's thread by everyone. I talked to Mr. Beeler last week, he has some very interesting ideas and I am sure he will post soon the details for the EWC2005 season. Since it's cold where we live and not much racing going on and since the Kent engine is dead and our impending doom is fast approaching... In the meatime, how about a roll call guys-gals for EWC participation, rumours or just general info. Who's running next year, in what car and class CF or FF?

I am planning on running my Piper FF (for sure) at the Blackhawk and Rd America East-West Challenge rounds and probably Grattan.

-Dave

Contributing Member Tom Tipsword's Avatar
    Liked: 0

Gee, Dave, I remember reading somewhere that Minnesota has a higher percentage of mental illness and clinical depression. Something about all the cold weather and cabin fever. I don't believe it myself. Anyway, I'm planning on running Blackhawk, RA and the "fourth event to be named". If my budget went to hell (maybe that should be farther to hell) I'd put all my money on the EWC. You can't beat it.

Liked: 2

Default EWC Happy New Year

Happy New Year ff'ers, here's wishing the nicest people on the planet all the best in 2005 and looking forward to the EWC at Grattan in May.

Default Who's running and when

I'll chime in here. I emailed Mr. Beeler the other day. He said that he was one phone call away from finalizing the 2005 season.

I think it will be very similar to last years schedule.

If the EWC does not run at IRP on May 8 and 9, I will still invite those that need to test and tune to this double regional. There is usually a test day on the Friday prior, which would be the 7th of May. It is usually $125 and you will get 6-7 twenty minute sessions. I was also told that IRP will be repaired and repaved (in certain areas) by April 1.

I plan on running 3 of the 4 EWC in a 78 Tiga (BHF, RA, and the unknown fourth event) If the schedule mirrors last year I'll have to pass on Grattan since it falls on the 500 weekend.

Will anyone be going to the Autobahn Country Club on July 30-31? I think that it is a "Must GO" event.

Patiently Waiting
    Brian Duncan<br />Indy Region

Gee, Dave, I remember reading somewhere that Minnesota has a higher percentage of mental illness and clinical depression. Something about all the cold weather and cabin fever.
    So, what are you saying Tom, my post was a "cry for help"? LOL. Seriously, I agree, the EWC is the best thing going in FF/CFF in the Midwest, and if anybody has a FF or CFF and has not ran one of these events yet, I would stongly suggest running one in 2005.

I noticed recently that Marc Blanc is now using a Swift avatar....hmmm

-Dave

P.S. Duncan, I too was also thinking of running the Autobahn CC race in July, might make a good EWC venue in 06'

I'm excited about joining you guys for the EWC for 2005. We'll finalize plans once the schedule is out but would like to run most, if not all of the events. Happy New Year !
    Gary Payne
    St Louis

Liked: 42

Don't confuse Mr. Beelers silence with inactivity. I know he's working hard on this years program, and will once again provide an excellent opportunity for racing in FF & CFF in 2005.

I am too looking forward to seeing the schedule, as long it doesn't include the runoffs warm-up event at M-Ohio again. I'm sure we can count on the Firecracker at Blackhawk being a staple. I know I'll be there, and others. It's always been a great event, good turnout, and great racing.

Any past standouts going to make a re-appearance this year?
    maybe in a Zink? a Gemini? Will we see a rebuilt-again Merlyn? Will the beautiful ADF be back again?

Is Hopple going to make a run at the EWC FF Championship?

Is the West going to Bring the Lamont Cup back the West where it rightfully belongs?

Don't want to hijack thread, but has anybody ever done any ice-racing with a FFord?

Marc
    FFCoalition.com
    Marc Blanc

Global Moderator Dave Woodmancy's Avatar
    Liked: 69

Ok, I'll bite. I will be making my FF debut next season and plan on running at least three, and hopefully all of the EWC races in a Euroswift SC93. Just not sure if the budget will allow for two trips west. Hopefully it does, as I really enjoy Blackhawk, and I can only assume that R-A in a FF is a blast!?

Contributing Member bill ehrlinger's Avatar

Default Ewc

Hey Tom;
    This just goes to prove, ALL the mental illness is not in Minnesota. Plan on running all EWC pending scheduling. See you at the track.

Happy New Year To All
    Bill RF80 #2

Liked: 35

Stop presses: Hopple back and running the EWC! I am currently receiving treatment for my mental condition but have already been on the phone making some hotel reservations and plan on Blackhawk and Road America and maybe Grattan if my 500 tickets don't show up in the mail. Would like to get back to M-O if it makes the autumn schedule since both Beeler and Blanc gave me a guided tour last fall. After checking the June Sprints schedule I'm thinking the Regional the week before is preferable to reserving a paddock space just this side of Fond du Lac for the pleasure of dodging out of control FMs. Happy New Year to all! T. Foster DB-1 West.

Liked: 313

I am most definitely going to run the EWC in my CFF and the Indy weekend May 7 and 8. Would love to see the Indy weekend added to the EWC schedule. Had great racing there last year.
    BTW: Skip going to the Indy 500 and go to Grattan instead. Racings like sex, you have to be a little sick to watch when you could be participating.

Default Fcm Ewc Preview Article

Rob Howden will again be including an EWC preview article in FormulaCar magazine. Post your plans here or send me an e-mail. Please include your chassis manfacturer and model as well as the number of EWC weekends that you will be running. I'm sure Rob will make enough space for everyone who will be making at least one tow through Chicago....

Steve Beeler
    Lola T-540 HU44
    home: (734)416-8865 sbeeler@wowway.com
    office: (313)390-1818 sbeeler@ford.com

Liked: 3

I'm going to try like you-know-what to make up for last year. I even managed to have some fun during my 12 minutes at Mid-Ohio, so if the tow rig is up for the trip, I expect to be there.

The new engine SHOULD be running in time for Grattan. Budget willing, I'll run the whole season. If not, I may only run Grattan and Mid-O, in which case I'll be at BFR and RA to crew for you guys.

'80 Tiga FFA-80 CFF... Rob, do you need any photos??

Liked: 12

Hey guys...

I can always use photos...at the very least to have in the archives. However, I will be at all four of the EWC races myself this year running a Formula First in the FV/F1st segment of the series so I'll have lots of time to blast off loads of photos of the FF/CFF crowd.

I'm really looking forward to attending the events with all of you this year.

RH - FCM
    Take care,

Rob Howden
    519-223-1152

Default Ewc

Steve Beeler - you have mail

Gary Payne - did you buy mark blythe's reynard? i see your name is kinda new so I thought maybe?....If so, would like to talk to you - thanks

Loren J. Tieman
    #00 Reynard 83F
    No time, no talent, plenty of sleep....

Loren.

Im not the new owner of Mark's pristine 84 Reynard. I own an 88 , former Bryan Cohn car, pretty much identical to Gary Godula's ride.

Regards.

Gary
    Gary Payne
    St Louis

Default reynard

Gary - ahhh - now I know. I actually found out from Mark Blythe that he sold it to a guy in Canada. Just for my information - what are the major differences between mine, and '83 and yours? I know that in '84 Reynard went to a wider spaced roll hoop but other than that, it is identical to the '83. Look forward to meeting you this season.

Loren

Loren, I'm not anywhere close to an expert on the differences but here goes:
    The suspension stuff is pretty similar, rockers front-back, inboard shocks. Im pretty certain that the lenghts of the a arms and rockers however etc are different than yours. The 88 has combined the engine oil tank and the gear case with hewland mk 9 inards that is also a stressed chassis member. Body work is quite different. Perhaps others can add to this list. Gary
    Gary Payne
    St Louis

Just in case anyone missed Mr. Beelers EWC schedule post here it is again, the 2005 EWC schedule. BTW, Gary it's pretty cool that your willing to come all the way from St. Louis to race in the EWC.

May 28-29 Grattan Raceway Park (Western Michigan Region)
    July 9-10 Blackhawk Farm Raceway (Blackhawk Valley Region)
    August 13-14 Road America (Chicago Region)
    September 10-11 Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (Ohio Valley Region)

Stop presses: Hopple back and running the EWC! I am currently receiving treatment for my mental condition but have already been on the phone making some hotel reservations and plan on Blackhawk and Road America
    Yeah Tony, looking forward to racing in the EWC, I think I have Roberts talked into running some races also.

I'm really looking forward to attending the events with all of you this year.

RH - FCM
    Hey EWC coverage in FCM, can't beat that! (I will have beer in the cooler Rob, not like Church )

Hey Tom;
    This just goes to prove, ALL the mental illness is not in Minnesota. Plan on running all EWC pending scheduling. See you at the track.
    Yeah, Cheeseland has the same issues.. BTW, Tom, 10- is going to be the (predicted) HIGH temp for Saturday.....-Dave

Liked: 64

Default E vs.W

Hi All, Yes Marc the Merlyn is being completely rebuilt.It should be together for IRP. I plan on running a couple races.However I don't think I'll make Mid Ohio this year!!!!
    Wes Allen Merlyn MK-025 CF#62

Dave et al, Mark Blythe and Bryan Cohn told me just how much fun it was running with you guys so we decided to join in this year. Were also looking forward to running tracks weve never been to before and meeting all the EWC competitors in person. Is it May yet !!!! Gary
    Gary Payne
    St Louis

Default Not running M-O?

Wes,

Don't rule out M-O yet. I trust that Mr. Beeler has expressed his displeasure with last years grouping at M-O with the officials involved. I am sure we will have our own group "IF" we all register early enough and in big numbers. I look forward to seeing you at IRP

Brian
    Brian Duncan<br />Indy Region

Wes,

I hope that you can make it out to the MO event - ya know, the jump back on the horse thing... I know that for me, MO has not been kind - 3 visits in the last 6 years = 2 DNS (nor did I qualify, nor did I make it off the false grid!!) and of course the mishap at the EWC event. Only Steve's incredible charisma could sway me enough to give MO one more try :>) My email is ff160000 at yahoo.com.

Loren

Thread Information