Liked: 536

Default Discount Tire buying out Tire Rack

Most formula cars don't get tires from either, but I'm just hoping that Tire Rack's support of various series continues, and that prices for our street cars and/or autocross cars don't start getting jacked up. Tire Rack has been an awesome help for car enthusiasts.

Liked: 1432

Mergers never work out well for the consumer. (See airlines, utilities, cable providers, internet providers.)

I've found TireRack to have very good prices across the board. Discount Tire, nearly the complete opposite. I'm not optimistic.

Liked: 713

Quote Originally Posted by reidhazelton View Post

I've found TireRack to have very good prices across the board. Discount Tire, nearly the complete opposite. I'm not optimistic.
    I've had the opposite experience. Prices are usually comparable between the two but DT will always match or beat advertised pricing. DT's customer service is a model that other companies should study, at least at my local store. The icing on the cake is that i don't have to haul tires around town and find a competent shop that will mount them. Ever since the store opened in GB I haven't gone anywhere else. I price check every time I buy tires and they always win.
    None of this matters as far as club racing goes if DT has a different marketing strategy than TR. My guess is that they understand Tire Rack's brand loyalty and different business model and will leave them to operate as they always have.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

4. The following 9 users liked this post:

Liked: 228

I'm with Mike B. Great prices and service from Discount Tire (I use their online store, Discount Tire Direct). Most recently I purchased a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S's. One of the 4 had a production date about a year earlier than the rest. Not only did they let me exchange it with free return shipping, but the customer service rep contacted multiple warehouses looking for a newer tire and eventually had Michelin drop ship the replacement to me so that I was satisfied with the production date.

6. The following 2 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1262

Discount is called America's Tire in California because there was already an unrelated Discount Tire chain here.

Out local store has matched everything I've taken to them so I saved shipping.

But, if they've bought the competition maybe they won't be so good at matching now.

Liked: 47

I've bought Hoosiers for my track day '68 Mustang from my local America's Tire here in Valencia. He already has my order for a new set of Hoosier Vintage FF tires when they are available in January.

Liked: 605

The Discount in Apopka is the only place I will let touch my magnesium wheels....other than myself and a hand changer or the Hoosier boys at the track. I do sure hope that Discount helps with things like "Street Survival" car control clinics that has been a Nationwide program for the past maybe 20? years

Liked: 1417

Nothing but really positive experiences for me with Discount Tire. First class operation top to bottom. I have bought more street tires than most people and every opportunity I have I use Discount Tire, even when tires or wheels were purchased elsewhere. They have ALWAYS been a business model that I have really appreciated.

11. The following 3 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 902

[QUOTE=reidhazelton;633473]Mergers never work out well for the consumer. (See airlines, utilities, cable providers, internet providers.)

Perhaps. But they work out really well for the bankers!

Signed
    A Banker

Thread Information