Liked: 80

Default Co-Drive for the Spring National's

Hello All,

I've never done the spring National's before but I Can't drive out to Lincoln NE 2 different time in one year so...I would like to Co-Drive for all 4 days and I'll buy the tires.. but you buy the fuel (because you know what you like to run) So here's what I'm thinking I buy all 4 tires we run all 4 days. If you just want to run 2 days I'll buy 2 tires and 40$ in racing fuel. I'm thinking/hoping if there is 5 to 10 drivers going to the spring National it will feel like a Mini 2020 National's that we missed, it will be fun to run with other CM competitors get a real feel adrenaline with then a 2 or 3 months thinking about your setup for the 2021 Solo National's.

I bring my setup knowledge, driving coaching plus you and your car will get a feel for the the surface going into the 2021 Solo National and a lot of fun. Please let me know because I need to ask for time off.

Ben Martinez 84 Van Diemen CM 60

Contributing Member Gary Godula's Avatar
    Liked: 60

Default Now I wish I was going

Damn Ben, now you have me wishing I was going just to put you in the Reynard. But, this is a club racing year for me, so the Reynard will be on track elsewhere in the country. I hope you find a good car/driver combination to jump into. It would be so valuable to have you in a car.....any car.
    Gary Godula
    '88 Reynard FF88
    SCCA Club Racing / Solo #57 FF/CM

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Yeah, I'm just putting this out there. It's mainly for fun because I can't bring my car out there, well..? I guess I could for the May 27th 29th Spring National's but I would be dead at work for the next week, it takes me about 2 days to get over driving for 24 hrs.

I looked into the other National tours and Packwood Wa. could be an option but that still 15 + hrs drive for me and there's only what 1 to 2 other CM cars in the PNW, where people in the CM class the may have a 10 to 12 hrs drive to Lincoln is easier I guess.

I'm going to look at the 27th/29th Spring Tour I'll have to see what work may say.

Ben

Liked: 310

I'm fairly certain we won't make it. John has been out of work and maybe starting a new job soon. And I don't have a trailer yet.

Otherwise, we'd love to have you in the car. It's just like Gary's, except he says it is a bit quicker.

Did you lose a trailer to, Wow!

Yeah this is why I though of the Spring National tour because people can talk about going and think of maybe could go to such event in late May but who knows.

I think it was 2015 or 16 at Crows Landing National Tour that we had 6 cars and 8 drivers what a super fun event, just having all the different cars and people. Even though I'm having fun locally and the only person I get to talk to is Douglas Hargrove but drives a FM car he has lots of info about mod cars a is cool to hear how he solves problems with his car.

Anyways keep it in mine you all and lets talk.

Ben

Thread Information