Contributing Member
    Liked: 25

Default 1972 Royale RP14 Formula Super Vee PROJECT for sale

This car was road raced on the West Coast and hill climbed on the East Coast. It has a 1700cc VW Type 4 dry sump engine, and it came to me with a dropped valve seat in one cylinder head. Both cylinder heads were repaired and freshened by FAT Performance. Valves are 41x34 and combustion chambers are 49cc. New 90mm JE pistons with 10cc domes were installed in new AA cylinders The Solex 40PII carbs are single shaft and have been disassembled, cleaned and kitted. The engine runs very well. The MK8 Hewland gearbox was disassembled and visually inspected and looks to be in very good condition. The previous owner installed a custom fuel cell as the original was leaking. I have the original if a pattern should be required. There are two 13 x 6 Minilites for the rear if the buyer would want to run treaded tires and no wings or slicks, as originally configured. Included are log books, Royale book and many setup and technical records. Price $9500.00 USD
    Attached Images Attached Images

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1489

What serno? (I have #001). Drum brakes in the back....And those scoops, as unmolested as they are, ought to have a mold pulled off of them.

Interesting you got the solexes to work without dry sumps. I eventually went to webers.

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 85

better shape than mine when I bought it

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Kirchner View Post
    What serno? (I have #001). Drum brakes in the back....And those scoops, as unmolested as they are, ought to have a mold pulled off of them.

Interesting you got the solexes to work without dry sumps. I eventually went to webers.

Thanks Rick. I never drove this car, but My Lola AC T328 had dry sump, and I drove it. The Solex carbs seemed to work well in the vintage Porsches.

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member

Chassis No. 18

Liked: 18

Default Royale

Quote Originally Posted by rusty718 View Post
    This car was road raced on the West Coast and hill climbed on the East Coast. It has a 1700cc VW Type 4 dry sump engine, and it came to me with a dropped valve seat in one cylinder head. Both cylinder heads were repaired and freshened by FAT Performance. Valves are 41x34 and combustion chambers are 49cc. New 90mm JE pistons with 10cc domes were installed in new AA cylinders The Solex 40PII carbs are single shaft and have been disassembled, cleaned and kitted. The engine runs very well. The MK8 Hewland gearbox was disassembled and visually inspected and looks to be in very good condition. The previous owner installed a custom fuel cell as the original was leaking. I have the original if a pattern should be required. There are two 13 x 6 Minilites for the rear if the buyer would want to run treaded tires and no wings or slicks, as originally configured. Included are log books, Royale book and many setup and technical records. Price $9500.00 USD

I will purchase it. Full price. Tex Arnold 303-805-7238

Contributing Member

Default Royale RP14/18

The Royale has been sold - thanks ApexSpeed.

11. The following 3 users liked this post:

Thread Information