Liked: 101

Default new track at buttonwillow

This new track is due to open in Sept. its wide and flowing perfect for big open wheel cars you can watch the video on the cal cup site
    great if autoclub really closes

dee

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1262

The CalClub calendar at the beginning of the year had us on that track for the May 1-2 Majors race. But it now just says 'Buttonwillow'

And there were several TDOs advertising it for June events. That might have changed.
    https://hpdejunkie.com/locations/but...low-new-track/

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Newer video than this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdrofi32NBk

What happens when somebody does some Ag racing and wipes out the Giant Kangaroo Rat preserve in the middle of the track? Ha, ha. That's not a joke to those outside of CA, we can't have plastic straws but we can have 1000 tons of human feces and junkie needles dumped into the LA and Santa Ana River beds from homeless encampments. The flower people stopped Malloy's awesome track, and the new BW track has a Giant Kangaroo Rat area in the infield.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl DeArman View Post
    That's not a joke to those outside of CA, we can't have plastic straws but we can have 1000 tons of human feces and junkie needles dumped into the LA and Santa Ana River beds from homeless encampments.
    Whenever in rains the surfers get 'bummed' because of all the trash.

Logic plays no part. We lived in the foothills in the 90s and had horses on our property. Rural. Plenty of wildlife.
    One day the county eco-terrorist showed up to may door. Told me they were going to fine me and make me pay for cleanup/restoration of the creeks behind our property and downstream because the proximity of our manure pile was causing excessively high levels of a certain bacteria downstream. Armed with their citation I did some research. Stanford published a study on horses and this bacteria a few years earlier. Turns out if this bacteria shows up in the manure, your horse is already dead. Kills 'em quick. This bacteria is common in gopher, bobcat, coyote and other wild animal poop which use the creek system as their own travel paths.

Turned over the report and the county said "oh". Turns out research is also not part of their program.

6. The following 3 users liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl DeArman View Post
    Yep -

https://racer.com/2021/02/08/souther...2-takes-shape/

I think the difference is the base is now down. Still looks like dirt but there is a log of 'unseen' work done.

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 290

1) The weather could not be much better.

2) It is interesting that this has been in the works for 6 years yet the club membership is not notified until this year. So this is a how club owned tracks are managed?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Hardingfv32 View Post
    1) The weather could not be much better.

2) It is interesting that this has been in the works for 6 years yet the club membership is not notified until this year. So this is a how club owned tracks are managed?

Brian
    Actually, I have a pamphlet from about 4 years ago about the new track. It was available at the front desk for a while.
    I can't find it right now. If I do I'll scan and post it.

I think I've heard updates about every 6 months.

Does CalClub actually have a newsletter? That would be where you'd get the info.

Thread Information