Contributing Member steve everard's Avatar
    Liked: 11

Default viewing driving line

In race studio 2 I have seen videos showing the driving lines for each lap but my track map dosn't show this. Where would it be and could it be I need to enable it somewhere in settings ?
    Thanks in advance

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1262

Quote Originally Posted by steve everard View Post
    In race studio 2 I have seen videos showing the driving lines for each lap but my track map dosn't show this. Where would it be and could it be I need to enable it somewhere in settings ?
    Thanks in advance
    First, have you selected all the laps to show?
    Second, I believe this was covered in a webinar last spring.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-j...BY19jmYH-1p18A
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU9LOdmN9os
    They have been doing 1 hour seminars twice a week since last April.

Third, join the Aim facebook group. Lots of knowledge there.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/140815893249677

Contributing Member
    Liked: 102

Do you mean the GPS driven line or overlayed on Google Maps? For overlay and driven line, I think RS3 Analysis beta works far better for this kind of analysis.

If you can show a picture of how you want to look at things, I can tell you how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by romoman View Post
    Do you mean the GPS driven line or overlayed on Google Maps? For overlay and driven line, I think RS3 Analysis beta works far better for this kind of analysis.

If you can show a picture of how you want to look at things, I can tell you how to do it.

So I think what I am looking for is called GPS map (different maybe from track map) that will enable me to see multiple laps driving lines. My GPS in the tool bar at the top is greyed out. So does it need turning on somewhere, however I can export to google earth and see the multiple driving lines .

Contributing Member

So I think what I am looking for is called GPS map (different maybe from track map) that will enable me to see multiple laps driving lines. My GPS in the tool bar at the top is greyed out. So does it need turning on somewhere, however I can export to google earth and see the multiple driving lines .
    If GPS button is grayed out, then the gpk file is missing. There is no button to turn it on. It is odd that you can export GPS data though.

What logger did you record on? If you look at where the file is saved, there should be a drk and a gpk. If the gpk is missing, then there is no gps data with it.

Quote Originally Posted by romoman View Post
    If GPS button is grayed out, then the gpk file is missing. There is no button to turn it on. It is odd that you can export GPS data though.

What logger did you record on? If you look at where the file is saved, there should be a drk and a gpk. If the gpk is missing, then there is no gps data with it.
    You were exactly correct, no file, I have corrected. so now what measure do I select to see driving line, I can see speed right now.

Liked: 7

If you were able to export to google earth that means you exported to .xml file. I don’t know, but I’m sure one of the AIM gurus can answer this, you should be able (I would think) to import .xml files into AIM.

Contributing Member

You were exactly correct, no file, I have corrected. so now what measure do I select to see driving line, I can see speed right now.
    You can click on the rainbow legend and then change it to any measure you logged.

Attached Images Attached Images

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbagsj View Post
    If you were able to export to google earth that means you exported to .xml file. I don’t know, but I’m sure one of the AIM gurus can answer this, you should be able (I would think) to import .xml files into AIM.
    File > export. Then you can choose the lap and info you want along with the kml file.

Easier is to use RS3 Analysis beta and have it all done in the program for you.

Thread Information