Liked: 8

Default For Sale: 1984 Reynard CFC 84-160

SOLD !!! Thank You Apex Speed

Selling my 84 Reynard after purchasing a 2001 Van Diemen RF-01 Zetec. The Reynard received a complete frame-up rebuild after I acquired it in 2012. The frame is in excellent condition and has a new .090" aluminum floor formed and bonded with countersunk rivets and has been reinforced as necessary for higher spring rates. Fortunately it has the updated large bearing steel uprights with new 633007c bearings installed during rebuild. The original engine was in poor shape and I replaced it with an Elite-built engine with updated cam and the 205 block. The Hewland MK9 gear box and ring gear are in excellent condition and includes extra gear sets.

The rebuild included:

All new Nadella bearings and Aurora Teflon-lined rod ends
    Quantum Racing Suspension adjustable shocks
    Hyperco 550# front and 750# rear springs
    New cv joints and boots
    Aluminum radiators and new coolant lines
    Firesafe fuel cell and Firesafe enclosure
    SPA Novec 1230 fire system
    Tilton master cylinders and LD-19 calipers recently resealed with Campbell rotors
    Lightened flywheel with Tilton 7 1/4" clutch, cable actuated
    Gyrodynamics diffuser
    Van Diemen rear wing
    C Dash
    TRS belts good until 2022
    3 sets of rims
    Assorted spare parts
    Log book and homologation papers dated from 1989

I have had an absolute blast racing this car and after the 2019 season I went through the car repairing and replacing as necessary for the 2020 season. The engine received new rings, bearings, valve springs. The valves were ground and I added an oil cooler. Due to the virus and cancellations, it never got to a track. I happened upon the RF01 for sale this spring and went for it.

I am asking $11,900.00 for the car and spares. It's located in Rush, NY (upstate near Rochester)

Ted Strang
    tstrang@rochester.rr.com
    585-202-5092
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tstrang; 12.29.20 at 4:19 PM.

2. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 0

Default Very nice and fast car

I have spent a lot of time around this car , It really is race ready . Ted won't mention it but it's former lap record holder at the Glen and multiple race winner in CFC . You won't be disappointed

Liked: 0

Default I am interested

Is the car still for sale - I am just down the thruway in Syracuse.
    Pierre Morrisseau
    315 225 7627
    pmorrisseau@gmail.com

Liked: 8

The Reynard is sold and the new owner will be taking it to Pineview Run in the Syracuse area.

$200.00 to Apex Speed

Thanks,

Ted

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information