Liked: 21

Default 1966 Brabham BT15 Formula B - Now $45k

My customer would like to sell his 1966 Brabham BT15 Formula B for sale, Originally a Formula 3 car, F3 33 66 (AM 145), complete history known. Historic Sports Car Club Vehicle Identity Form from 1987 included. This was the last BT15 built and was a new frame supplied to Mike Knight by the factory, the ex Peter Gethin car. Currently built as a Formula B race car with a less than 1.5 hour Twin Cam built by Total Precision Engines. (dyno sheet available) Most of the restoration and gearbox rebuild was done by GMT. Less than 1.5 hours on new Avon tires. Recent new Pertronix distributor and coil, new starter, new aluminum radiator and new Fuel Safe fuel cell. Comes with new windscreen (not installed) and Formula 3 engine cover. This car is now back on the market. It was being sold due to a medical condition, the owner thought he could overcome the condition and has tried many options and doctors to avoid selling, but sadly it's just not to be. So now the owner wants it gone. new price is $45k or best offer. If interested contact David Irwin 303-653-5550 or irwin_eng@hotmail.com

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by David Irwin; 06.21.20 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Price change
    David Irwin
    Irwin Engineering
    Bailey, CO 80421
    303-653-5550

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Default 1966 Brabham BT15 Formula B - More Pics

Attached Images Attached Images
    David Irwin
    Irwin Engineering
    Bailey, CO 80421
    303-653-5550

4. The following 2 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 648

Stunning car at a righteous price. If I could, I would. GLWS.

V/r

Iverson

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Iverson View Post
    Stunning car at a righteous price. If I could, I would. GLWS.

V/r

Iverson
    Me too - beautiful car, everything looks right.

This car is now back on the market. It was being sold due to a medical condition, the owner thought he could overcome the condition and has tried many options and doctors to avoid selling, but sadly it's just not to be. So now the owner wants it gone. new price is $45k or best offer. If interested contact David Irwin 303-653-5550 or irwin_eng@hotmail.com
    David Irwin
    Irwin Engineering
    Bailey, CO 80421
    303-653-5550

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 858

Beautiful car!
    Sorry to hear about the reason behind the sale but GLWS.
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 3

Default tall driver

I am shrinking at 6'4" tall and 190 (fatter by the minute). Can the car accommodate that set of dimensions?

Quote Originally Posted by mwells View Post
    I am shrinking at 6'4" tall and 190 (fatter by the minute). Can the car accommodate that set of dimensions?

Depending on leg length, it could with some work, new roll hoop and a different fuel cell. I've had tall folks in these cars before. David
    David Irwin
    Irwin Engineering
    Bailey, CO 80421
    303-653-5550

Default This car is still available

Back to the top.

Could be sold less engine, if you would like to back to F3.
    David Irwin
    Irwin Engineering
    Bailey, CO 80421
    303-653-5550

Liked: 9

Looks like a great car at a very reasonable price. I can't believe it hasn't sold yet!

I had a BT-16 F2-23-65 which is currently doing very well in the capable hands of Steve (Eagle5000) There is a nice thread on here about it's current life. It looks like this one got BT21 rear upgrade like mine did. The 15, 16,18's had shorter hub carriers but hard to see well enough in the posted pics. Great cars, very solid and fun to drive with a twincam! I wish I needed another car...

15. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by bobmic View Post
    Looks like a great car at a very reasonable price. I can't believe it hasn't sold yet!

I had a BT-16 F2-23-65 which is currently doing very well in the capable hands of Steve (Eagle5000) There is a nice thread on here about it's current life. It looks like this one got BT21 rear upgrade like mine did. The 15, 16,18's had shorter hub carriers but hard to see well enough in the posted pics. Great cars, very solid and fun to drive with a twincam! I wish I needed another car...

I'm surprised as well. Yes this car was upgraded early in life to the BT21 style rear uprights. The BT18 had tall rear uprights, although they were slightly different than the BT21 style, and were only made for that model, and to my knowledge not available aftermarket today.
    David Irwin
    Irwin Engineering
    Bailey, CO 80421
    303-653-5550

Thread Information