Liked: 0

Default what about a FV and F500 sections?

What do you think about adding a Fv and a F500 section? They are kindred spirits and many of us got started in those classes? That way all formula car folks could have one site to go to.
    '
    Right now I have to bounce over to 'formulavee.org', then 'links' then 'SR racing' to get to a decent classified section for FV related items. Sometimes there are good deals on trailers etc over there too.

I haven't really looked for a F500 site, but they might be like dsr and have a good one already set up. Still, it would be nice to have APEXSPEED as the premiere address for all things formula car related.

One other thing, after the dust settles from the conversion, can we get the 'resources' section converted to this site? I have used the setup sheets, gear ratio calculators etc that were available in that section before the conversion. No big rush....just a nice-to-have.

thanks again for all of your hard work, I have got to have my apexspeed fix several times every day!!

Liked: 1417

Hi Rick,

First, the old resources and links will be back up and running very soon. We are working on the new front-end to this site, as well as a gallery and should be up in the very near future.

As for an all-encompassing forumla car community, this would be an ideal situation. I know there are existing communities of FVs in existence, with one running a "threaded" version of a discussion forum, which this forum software now allows you to use if you prefer. Many existing sites and forums are resistant to change, especially to a new location. I have not thought about how to approach the other formula car classes yet, but I would be lying if I said the idea never crossed my mind. We could turn the boards on right now, but if anyone showed up, I would be surprised. There are other options at the moment.

I think in the coming weeks, we will be looking at how to smoothly approach some of the other classes out there like FV, F500 and FM. A one-stop-shop for formula cars would be a really awesome place.

Default I agree

We should have a formula class website. There is a huge knowledge base that the addition FM, F500 and FV sites can bring. Also the ability to reach an increased number of individuals for advertisers of apexspeed as well as those posting on the classifieds. I visit the FM website and it is almost dead- I think that if the members had a site like apexspeed (huge member base and 10 times the traffic/ posts) they would contribute more.

How about testing it out and dropping a FV or FM with Forums?

I know I'm a complete gearhead and enjoy reading racing related info no matter what class it is

Liked: 449

I know there are other sources for FV, but does anyone else know of a forum for F500 or FM? What are they?
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

http://p211.ezboard.com/bformulamazdaforum.html?

www.f500.org

F500 site is OK- Maybe you could range joint banner links

We do want to create an all-encompassing formula car site, but we don't want to be viewed by existing sites of other classes as an "Evil Empire" bent on world domination. It is a very difficult fine line to walk. I may soon open up some forums for FM, FV and others, but I would like to communicate with the owners and managers of the other sites and forums first.

Liked: 3855

Default care

Be careful.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    FV and FM have a fairly strong following at their respective sites.

Sharp observation. I don't think there is a need to water down the communities by splitting them up. I have seen that too many times on other forum communities, and all it does is weaken them both in the process.

I think the offer will be to existing communities and managers that if for some reason they decide that they don't want to do it anymore, a la Formula Ford Underground, that we would be happy to step in as a replacement option.

If there is another need for a community that doesn't already exist or have a strong following, we'd be happy to look into it.

d

Liked: 3

(As a former FV driver... ) I can see advantages to adding more classes to ApexSpeed (discussions about the Runoffs and other things that affect all classes would have broader input)... but I can understand the fear of being seen as a conquering conglomerate!

On the other hand, I was active on ApexSpeed (and the underground before that) while driving an FV. Sometimes "cross-pollenating" ideas from one board to another can stir up some interesting ideas.

Thread Information