View Poll Results: Should the "Getting Started" foums be consolidated into one main forum?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, combine them all for all nOObies to learn from.

19 82.61%
  • No, keep them apart.

4 17.39%
    Liked: 1417

Default "Getting Started" as a Global (General) Forum?

Because starting out in any class of racing is pretty much a universal issue, should the "Getting Started" forum in each class division here be consolidated into one main forum in the General Forum for everyone to see and contribute to? Specific class questions can still be asked there by beginners, but it may be a lot of information that everyone can us.

What do you think?

Liked: 24

Default Getting Started

Doug,
    I agree with that idea, plus maybe concider replacing the space for the autox users. We have vintage and club.
    Jason

Liked: 1417

Excellent idea. Personally, I liked to have as few forums as possible to keep all discussions in the same areas. Too many forums makes it too difficult to read and moderate. Plus, this will give us an opportunity to add more sections in the future.

doug

Liked: 11

I voted yes, but also think you might want to consider consolidating the classified section... seems like folks used to post the same items in each forum more often than not.
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Liked: 449

Where have you been Sean?

Check the 'general classifieds' section up top. There are still specific things to the different classes that would cause a need to keep them separate, but we've added the general classifieds section for the things that could be bought or sold to all racers or span the different classes like trailers, tools, etc.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 3855

Default Getting Started

I voted to merge them. As an instructor I venture to say that 85% of getting started is the same in all formula classes.

I noticed that some other forums have referenced our forum as a place to go to read about "getting started".

I have also noticed that the "getting started" threads have lessened over the last few years. I'm hoping that is not because less folks are getting started. (or... is it because Carnut169 has finally started?) I perfer to believe that because folks are more computer literate, and our search engine is good, they are mining their answers out of our archives instead of having to ask them over again.

Thread Information