Liked: 3

For Sale Dart FV for sale (Ron Chuck/Bob Cornish design)

Dart FV for sale (Ron Chuck/Bob Cornish designed)
    - Ron Chuck engine
    - Short box
    - Penske shocks front/rear
    - Ron Chuck front shock tower mounts
    Trailer included (light-weight, FV-specific)
    Scissor-lift included

For details, call Ron Chuck. He has the most extensive knowledge of this car, and has worked on it continuously throughout my ownership. 650-367-7498, and let him know you're asking about Sean's Dart FV.
    Must be 5'10" or less to fit in this car. There is a driver of another Dart that's 6ft, but he relocated his fuel cell forward, under his knees.

Offered at $5800

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SeanFV; 04.04.19 at 9:37 PM.

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

For Sale

*UPDATE

FV community, can you offer advice?

My son is now old enough to race karts, but we have a 'one-racecar Rule' in the household. He doesn't get a kart until I sell this Vee. So... what's your recommendations here, even from those not in the market for new stuff?

-Entire package seems like the toughest sell. Does it help to offer delivery of some kind? Is the price unrealistic?

-Better to sell components separately? Are there enough takers for individual items, and if so, all sold within short time-frame?

-Molds available for all the body parts. Since owning this car, I've made 3 noses, 1 middle, and 1 tail. If need be, we can arrange to have any of those made at any time, before or after a sale.

I've driven about 10 different Vee's since the late 80's - friends who loaned, or wanted to help their own sale by having the car on track. This Dart has remained with me since 1994 because it's the best handling car I've driven. It helps to run it out of Ron's shop, as he sorts it properly.
    From the roll bar back, it's a Caracal C, just with different bodywork. I updated to Mysterian scoops as well.

Ready for regionals, just needs belts and tires.

Thanks for any feedback.

Liked: 115

A Go Kart is not a race "car" so problem solved..no need to sell the Vee

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by grapefarmeral View Post
    A Go Kart is not a race "car" so problem solved..no need to sell the Vee
    Argued that. Lost.
    It was not a jury of my peers.

Verdict:
    "If it doesn't need a smog cert, and you're spending $250 per weekend on tires, it's a race car."

Liked: 58

Quote Originally Posted by SeanFV View Post
    Argued that. Lost.
    It was not a jury of my peers.

Verdict:
    "If it doesn't need a smog cert, and you're spending $250 per weekend on tires, it's a race car."
    Dart is a very good car and could still compete in nationals. I believe four were made in the early 80s with Randy Harris and Bob Cornish as well as Ronnie Chuck running. I have no doubt that you could put Ronnie in this Dart and watch him win over modern cars.

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Posner View Post
    Dart is a very good car and could still compete in nationals. I believe four were made in the early 80s with Randy Harris and Bob Cornish as well as Ronnie Chuck running. I have no doubt that you could put Ronnie in this Dart and watch him win over modern cars.
    Agreed Bob. I did tell Ron that the car was his to drive, in the year the Runoffs were going to be at Sonoma. He was too focused on engines, and supporting Skip's efforts I think, so didn't end up driving it. Too bad, he could have run at the front, which would have been cool to see.

Yes, there were 4 total. Randy and his dad Peter both had Dart's, and this one was Peter's, I believe.

Agreed Bob. I did tell Ron that the car was his to drive, in the year the Runoffs were going to be at Sonoma. He was too focused on engines, and supporting Skip's efforts I think, so didn't end up driving it. Too bad, he could have run at the front, which would have been cool to see.

Yes, there were 4 total. Randy and his dad Peter both had Dart's, and this one was Peter's, I believe.

Down memory lane - Ted Rugala had the fourth one. I tried to buy it in the late 80s but Ted wasn't selling. Someone should put this one back in the lead pack anywhere.

Liked: 0

Default Dart for Sale

I know this is an old thread but.....did you sell the car?

Car is still available.

Car is still available.

For Mark 53 - If you intend to race fv majors in Wa and Or this car is a good choice at a fraction of the cost of a Vortech.

Liked: 7

Default Dart FV

For Mark 53 - If you intend to race fv majors in Wa and Or this car is a good choice at a fraction of the cost of a Vortech.
    What year was this car built? I assume you have the log book what does it say?

SOVREN adopted a new Club Formula Vee (CFV) vintage class (see my recent posting on this) for cars built prior to January 1, 1983. I believe SOVREN is talking to SVRA about consistent rules etc. as well. Your car should be eligible.

Note that there are looking for cars for SOVREN CFV racing.

Please advise.

Lou LeBlanc

Default Dart FV

Correction cut off date for SOVREN Club FV is January 1,1984 not January 1, 1983.

Lou LeBlanc
    1976 Legrand FV

Quote Originally Posted by Lucien j LeBlanc View Post
    What year was this car built? I assume you have the log book what does it say?
    I know the car was built in the late 70's, but I only have the current logbook. My memory is that SCCA took the previous logbook when it ran out of pages, and I was issued a new one. I'm in possession of a logbook issued in '99, but I bought the car in '92 or '93.
    I will ask Ron Chuck if he has any documentation, but it may not be possible to prove its manufacture date.

Latest pics of car:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...eO?usp=sharing

Liked: 300

SCCA does not take the filled up logbook but you need to buy a new one and it is recommended to staple the new one to the last one so they are together. Not everyone does this and you can end up losing the full history of the car.
    Ed

I know the car was built in the late 70's, but I only have the current logbook. My memory is that SCCA took the previous logbook when it ran out of pages, and I was issued a new one. I'm in possession of a logbook issued in '99, but I bought the car in '92 or '93.
    I will ask Ron Chuck if he has any documentation, but it may not be possible to prove its manufacture date.

Latest pics of car:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...eO?usp=sharing
    Sean See if you can find runoffs results from early 80s to document Dart existence at that time. Pretty sure Cornish ran 83 before getting a Razor Caracal. Peter Harris ran one Dennis Andrade may have copies of results

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Womer View Post
    SCCA does not take the filled up logbook but you need to buy a new one and it is recommended to staple the new one to the last one so they are together. Not everyone does this and you can end up losing the full history of the car.
    Ed
    Yep, makes sense, so that was my mistake.

Sean See if you can find runoffs results from early 80s to document Dart existence at that time. Pretty sure Cornish ran 83 before getting a Razor Caracal. Peter Harris ran one Dennis Andrade may have copies of results
    Thanks Bob.
    I'll reach out to Ron this weekend, see what he (and others) have saved. And I think Randy Harris also did Runoffs in his Dart, though may not have been pre-84.

Liked: 536

This database has Robert Cornish finishing 15th in the 1980 Runoffs

https://www.crbscca.com/public/runof...hiveReporting/

and you can watch this and see if you can pick him out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2YYbJ9e9VY

Quote Originally Posted by Bardahl77 View Post
    This database has Robert Cornish finishing 15th in the 1980 Runoffs

https://www.crbscca.com/public/runof...hiveReporting/

and you can watch this and see if you can pick him out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2YYbJ9e9VY
    Wow, thanks!

Liked: 536

Sean, sent you a DM...

Default sO

Sold.

25. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Sold

[keyboard malfunction on last reply] The Dart has been Sold.

Default Dart Fv for sale

[keyboard malfunction on last reply] The Dart has been Sold.
    I hope someone in the northwest bought this car, it is a perfect fit for SOVREN Club Formula Vee. Six races scheduled for 2021 by SOVREN.

28. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information