Liked: 4

For Sale TSVee Vintage Formula Vee for sale

TSR-TSVee “The Best-Looking Formula V Ever"
    Ultra-rare, extraordinary and gorgeous historic TSR/TSVee
    A well-known car to VARAC competitors and one of approximately 7 cars built to run in the Canadian and North American FV Championships. This particular car is believed to be the last of the type actively racing and was apparently built very late in 1969 for the upcoming 1970 Season. TSR (Taylor Stewart Racing) was a partnership consisting of Canadian Champion and later Indy Lites team principal Brian Stewart and ex-Trojan works designer Alan Taylor. After Brian had won the Canadian Championship, they undertook building the most advanced formula V they could imagine. The car was based on the successful Altona Formula Vee made famous by CanAm Champion Horst Kroll and took the design theme to a whole new level. The car was cutting edge for its time and has many ingenious features, not the least of which is the controversial stressed engine installation. Deemed illegal by some sanctioning bodies back in the day, the car did eventually run with some success in IMSA series competition and in national and regional CASC grids into the mid-70’s. This car is believed to be one of the “works” championship cars that ran in the U.S. National run-offs at Daytona in the early 70’s, driven by Mr. Dave Wolin.
    After a crash at Mosport in the mid-seventies the car was put into storage and largely forgotten until it came up for sale in 2000. It was found languishing in a sorry state and fully restored by me between 2000 and 2007. I have been actively racing the car in regional club and vintage events since 2008 and managed various wins and even a couple of club championships. There are very few hours on the Bill Vallis-rebuilt original engine. The car is period correct with a Z-Bar rear suspension and an unusual drop-link front suspension set-up. The car is completely Monoposto Eligible and would be accepted almost anywhere. Dunlop race tires are practically new with 1 event on them and have been properly stored. All safety equipment, belts, fuel cell, fire extinguisher and other systems are being updated to current and the car will be race-ready. The last time I had it out racing was at the Canadian Historic Grand Prix in June 2018 where the car was totally reliable and a joy to drive. I had it at the track for demonstrations in 2019. With a lighter, more competent driver than myself this car could be seriously quick and competitive. There are some limited spares (extra wheels & street-radial tires, suspension, engine and brake bits, as well as some set-up tools and jigs etc.) all included with the car as well as an open trailer.

If the car is not sold by the start of the 2020 Season, it will be available to qualified applicants for rental running at regional club and vintage events in southern Ontario and possibly the Northeast US. A rare opportunity to race in a real, historic vintage formula car that also happens to be fun and reliable! Contact me for more details.

PRICE DRASTICALLY REDUCED!! $8500 U.S. Or reasonably close offer!
    Contact: douglasswitzer33@gmail.com or my cell at: (416) 885-7949

Attached Images Attached Images

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

Default Canadian rules................... LOL

I raced against these at Harewood Acers in Ontario

verrry FAST but would never pass an inspection at the SCCA runoffs LOL

the stressed engine aspect was advanced,

as I recall they ran an unusual flat top tail section with bizarre flairings, , chopped cooling fan housing, rewelded beams, always flinging their fan belts , Brian or Alex said they once got one to grid at 600 #.... quite KOOL any way

forgot about the radically raked engine!

found a bare chassis languishing in a boat shop in North Tonawanda and had Brian make up the missing bits, sold it sans body to a fellow in West Seneca in 72 or 73

a unique car for sure!!!

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by provamo View Post
    ...the stressed engine aspect was advanced...
    But to what performance benefit?

What is meant by rewelded beam?

Brian

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4363

It was perceived as advanced at the time Not so sure that bolting the engine in by the forward exhaust "j-pipes" (some versions did) instead of the engine case was actually progress. The Altonas, TSRs, and PSRs were much smaller than most of the FVs of the day, with good drivers, and prep. I bought a basket case TSR/PSR in high school, had it mostly together, then took the VW parts for my next car, and sold it as a basketcase. Dougs car is very clean.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco

Liked: 536

If I still lived in Mississauga I'd be all over this! But after 40 years I probably couldn't even find our old house.

Liked: 4

Default Still for sale!

Price reduced to $8100US or best reasonable offer!

Thread Information