Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Banned
    Liked: 1116

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Marshall View Post
    I would submit that Public Health is a National Defense Issue and the CDC should be managed by and under the control of a revamped Department Of Defense and funded accordingly in the National Defense Budget.
    . . . and another reasonable person would submit that Public Health is a Health and Welfare issue. Our Federal budget allots $3 to those programs for every $1 to the Military.

Liked: 536

This is probably the best explanation I've seen for the need to wear masks

https://science.sciencemag.org/conte...cience.abc6197

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 290

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl DeArman View Post
    Federal budget allots $3 to those programs for every $1 to the Military.
    Existing budgets have no relevance to current pandemic. Pandemic deaths are completely eclipsing the deaths do to terrorism. Should not pandemic control budgets therefore be greater terrorism budgets? I do not see how the Federal government can avoid a new expansion of the health bureaucracy. Is my logic sound?

Brian

Contributing Member
    Liked: 290

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Marshall View Post
    I You could ask yourself, "are we threatened more by an idiot in North Korea potentially bombing America or by Covid-19"?
    COVID seems like a perfect terrorist weapon. Maybe not easy to claim responsibility for, but very economically disruptive. A way for Iran and S Korea to counter US sanctions.

Infect agents in Europe and have then then travel to the US. Very low risk for young agents. No need for a suicide commitment.

I wonder who is gaming this topic in our government at this time? Sure have not heard about any warning of possible threats.

Brian

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hardingfv32 View Post
    Existing budgets have no relevance to current pandemic.
    If that's your argument/logic then the current DoD budget is irrelevant as well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hardingfv32 View Post
    COVID seems like a perfect terrorist weapon. Maybe not easy to claim responsibility for, but very economically disruptive.
    We agree on something!

Quote Originally Posted by Harding
    I wonder who is gaming this topic in our government at this time? Sure have not heard about any warning of possible threats.
    There are multiple credible threats on a daily basis that we don't hear about. Heck, we go bat**** crazy over COVID19, how do you think the public and media would handle knowing about all the other potential threats on a daily? Ignorance can be bliss. Just be thankful we have people doing their damndest to keep us safe and protect our freedoms.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information