Liked: 447

Default Corona Cup Event #4 - 4/21/2020 USF2000 2017 @ Laguna Seca

As the group expands into the double digits, we take next week's competition to the west side of the country. We're headed to Laguna Seca!

Some things to remember:

Remember to please use your real first and last name before joining the server. By default, rFactor2 will use your Steam account name, but you can edit your name next to your "Nickname" within rFactor2 in the upper right corner of the landing page where you select your option for single or multi-player.

It is suggested that everyone log into the Discord channel for chat. Discord is a Skype type of application used by gamers. You'll need to install and enter the ApexSpeed.com Sim Racing room linked below. https://discordapp.com/

Please bind a key for "Push to talk" in Discord so that others don't have to hear unnecessary noise you broadcast to the room. We don't need to hear that you screwed up, your shifters clicking, your simulated wind noise, or that your dog wants to go outside. Instructions for doing this are here: https://appuals.com/enable-configure-push-talk-discord/

Now that the group is getting bigger, please refrain from unnecessary voice chat during qualifying and the race. Some of us can't pat their head and rub their belly at the same time, so please be considerate to that and only use voice chat during qualifying or racing for race related discussion like alerting people you're pulling out of the pit lane, a request to restart a race (like we had last night), or a huge pileup in T1, etc...

Server Name: ApexSpeed
    Passw: rfactor2

Discord Room: https://discord.gg/PnYjbmh - Please bind a key for "Push to talk".

Please subscribe to the car and track in your Steam account before loading rFactor2 and you'll automatically get the car and track installed when you join the server.

USF2000 2017
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1782916300

Laguna Seca (not on Steam) - Laser Scanned
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14TE4nF-vJ4ZR1R5Zjz7mphFsLgfQmoy3/view?usp=sharing

Results and Record Dashboard - http://apexspeed.servegame.com:58000
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 200

Hi Keith, quick question. For the newbies out there...Once we have downloaded the track file, what do we do with it?
    Shane Viccary
    #27 Citation-Zink Z-16

Liked: 843

Copy it to your PACKAGES directory under Steam/Steamapps/Rfactor2/packages (I think). Then go open Steam on your computer and go to the packages screen and scroll down to the new entry...highlight and click INSTALL at the bottom. Wait for it to complete, then select the track again and jump into the race as usual.
    Steve
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Here is a complete tutorial on how to install mods (tracks and cars) through Steam and also how to do it manually.. At about the 1:03 mark it starts the manual installation for package files.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 200

Got it, thanks for the help guys. Btw, had fun out there with you guys last night. Hopefully be more competitive next week with some more seat time and setup tuning!

PS...Steve, sorry if I cut you off out there, still getting into the groove!
    Shane Viccary
    #27 Citation-Zink Z-16

Quote Originally Posted by AVR_Shane View Post
    Got it, thanks for the help guys. Btw, had fun out there with you guys last night. Hopefully be more competitive next week with some more seat time and setup tuning!

No worries. Glad you attempted to make it last minute!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 843

Quote Originally Posted by AVR_Shane View Post
    No problem here (well, actually I had MANY problems, but they were all my own), Shane. I spent the entire night cutting people off and spinning in front of them .. and hitting WALLS and even landed UPSIDE DOWN once. Somehow, I could just NOT get into the game with a clear head... I even took MANY seconds off my pace to get back on the straight and narrow.. STILL could not keep it on the track. Bad night for me. I may NEVER get the hang of SIM racing .
    Steve
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Liked: 138

Any suggestions for a good HUD? The default stuff is way out of the way down below and I usually make mistakes looking down at them. I'd like to see tire temps at the very least and any messages like "limiter off" be nice to see the delta to the next driver too up top or somewhere visible....

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesbe View Post
    Any suggestions for a good HUD? The default stuff is way out of the way down below and I usually make mistakes looking down at them. I'd like to see tire temps at the very least and any messages like "limiter off" be nice to see the delta to the next driver too up top or somewhere visible....
    I'm using SimHub and an old phone for an actual dash, but there are HUDs that you can get in the workshop that put data up by your big mirror (if you use the big mirror) like this one: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1243928467
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 138

Thanks I'll try it. I don't use the mirror but I can ignore it :P

Liked: 23

Thanks and Sorry, boy was I bad.

Quote Originally Posted by GregPeluso View Post
    Thanks and Sorry, boy was I bad.
    You're welcome, Greg! It's hard to just jump in and be fast. I'm not sure if you were using any of the driving aids beforehand, but I apologize for forgetting to mention that. I allow invulnerability (no damage) to keep things fun as well as auto blip and auto clutch so if you have those options turned on locally, the server will allow it. All other aids are turned off. The server is always running so you can jump in and run laps at any time for practice. People jump on and off the server all week so please feel free to do so as well. I'll usually post on the Facebook group when I'm going to run some laps. We typically exchange setup ideas as well during the week while practicing. As you can see from the race results dashboard, the lap times vary throughout the pack so a positive thing is that they should always be someone to race with. The biggest key to success on race days though is consistency and keeping it on the tarmac. Hope to see you at Watkins!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Thread Information