Liked: 0

Default Formula ford - crossle pulsar SOLD

Last edited by REAGANRILEY; 06.19.13 at 4:54 PM. Reason: SOLD

Liked: 444

Quote Originally Posted by REAGANRILEY View Post
    http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ483821401

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ483821401

FORMULA FORD - CROSSLE PULSAR 32F STYLE CHASSIS WITH 1600 FORD ENGINE INCLUDING 16 SETS OF GEARS, 1 SPARE HEAD, 10 WHEELS, SUSPENSION SPARES, ALIGNMENT BARS AND HEWLAND TRANSMISSION SERVICE MANUAL. FRAME NEVER CRASHED. STORED FOR ALMOST 30 YEARS. FAST CAR AT MOSPORT AND SHANNONVILLE RACE TRACKS. FAIR CONDITION $5,888.00 OR BEST OFFER. CALL
    416-759-3351 OR EMAIL.(ABOVE URL IS ON KIJIJI WITH PICTURES)
    Crossle pulsar? 32F style chassis? Any other info, I know someone looking for a project..

Maybe, some pic's with the body work off? Thanks..

Liked: 7

Pulsars are Canadian built copies of Crossle 32F's. Bob MacCallum designed and built them, incorporating 'improvements to the frame design to make working on the car easier. All standard Crossle parts bolt right up. Although the seller doens't specify, This must be one of the few Pulsars built. Some of them subsequently obtained Crossle data plates and 'became' Crossles.

Recall that Bob also designed and built the Tsunami Formula Fords, of which I own #2 of 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Thompson View Post
    Pulsars are Canadian built copies of Crossle 32F's. Bob MacCallum designed and built them, incorporating 'improvements to the frame design to make working on the car easier. All standard Crossle parts bolt right up. Although the seller doens't specify, This must be one of the few Pulsars built. Some of them subsequently obtained Crossle data plates and 'became' Crossles.

Recall that Bob also designed and built the Tsunami Formula Fords, of which I own #2 of 2.
    Thanks, Daniel. I was curious, never heard of a Pulsars. Sound's like a good deal...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Formula_Fords

This car has Canadian history. I've got first dibs with the seller and would like to see this car stay in Canada, preferably in my hands!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Formula_Fords

This car has Canadian history. I've got first dibs with the seller and would like to see this car stay in Canada, preferably in my hands!
    So what does THAT mean? Is it for sale or not?

Is it still for sale or are you taking the dibs over real money :-)

I'll be back in TO next week and wold like to see the car. Email me at rallyfools AT gmail DOT com

It means nothing. I had a knowledgeable friend go and look at the car and I've made an offer on it. Would suggest you contact the seller at the number listed in the ad and make up your own mind.

It means nothing. I had a knowledgeable friend go and look at the car and I've made an offer on it. Would suggest you contact the seller at the number listed in the ad and make up your own mind.
    Between your "first dibs with the seller" comments here and the fact that the poster is not responding to emails sent, one has to wonder whether this ad is real. As his "agent", perhaps you can clarify whether the price is US or Canadian dollars and whether engine and diff photos can be posted?

Agent? Please....

If you are interested in the car then contact the seller.

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Currently the exchange rate makes it less than $60 difference between the two.

Car is SOLD

Liked: 229

Daniel, did you get a bigger garage?? How many cars is that now?
    Brian.

I should post pictures, because I am now hanging them from the roof rafters...

By the way, I now have researched the full history of this car, and it involves Ron Stott, Cherokee Industries, Nigel Gough and Brian Bound. You might be interested in hearing about it!

Daniel

Contributing Member
    Liked: 46

All very recognizable names, of course!

Default SOLD

SOLD !!

To some, those are very recognizable names. Ron Stott ran Cherokee Industries in the heyday of FF, the Bulova series was propably one of the best series that FF ever had anywhere. 70 cars showing up and you had to get to the final by way of heat races. Ron was the factory Crossle dealer, my dad worked for him and my brother and I grew up in his shop and the track. Nigel was a factory supported driver and a close friend of our family, still is. He then moved to England to race until he finally ran out of money like so many before and after him. Ron eventually built his own FB cars and ran them but eventually sold his Crossle dealership and retired from racing as his son began a racing career with motorcyles. Gone now but never forgotten he is one of Canada's FF pioneers who provided so many great stories and memories for those in the 70's who were involved in FF. I would suspect that every area accross North America and beyond has their share of folks who have made memories and enriched lives in the FF community. I was very close to buying Regan's car, if I had gotten the full history of it I likely would have. It would have been a project that would have eventually been finished and painted in the original black and gold livery with Nigel behind the wheel for a reunion.
    Brian.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 46

Thanks, very much appreciated. Don't we all wish that we had racing now, just like the "heydays of the 70s" and with the gentlemen that you described.

Somebody please send me a picture of the car in original livery with Nigel driving it!

Liked: 9

Go on Jonathans Ferret industries website, there are plenty of pics there, and if I can remeber correctly, There are some shots of Nigel in the 25, and 30 f's.

So who do we have here?

This is Bob Armstrong. Are these "Cherokee colours"?

No that is not the livery. The other picture is John Scratch in the Ferret and Randy Packham in the Ash on the front row, the second row has possibly Regan in your new car but I am not really sure as the car beside him may be Brian Bound in what could be your car! Third row is a Powell Lola and Peter Souch in the Z16, my dad in his 25F and Jim Livingston in a Pulsar, John Nemy in a second Ferret is just entering the photo. The car in 3rd may also be Jeremy Hill. Either way I think that row may contain your car, if you have any other shots let me know.
    Brian.

Liked: 9

first car is Don Sobring in 25f, second Is Dave White in a lola, and then nigel in the 30f. s that he car you picked up?

Liked: 160

I realize this is an old thread and the original request for photos may no longer be needed. That said, for those of you who don't already know about this Facebook site it is awesome. The site is dedicated to the Canadian FF Bulova race series from 1972-1976. It contains many period photos, race results, driver info, etc. https://www.facebook.com/groups/337467856792877/photos/

Cheers, Joe

Thread Information