Liked: 447

Default Corona Cup Event #1 - 3/31/2020 USF2000 2017 @ Mosport

Please join us for week 3 of the Corona Cup Series. There's more to being on lockdown than Netflix! If you plan to race with us, please post a reply to this thread.

Server Name: ApexSpeed
    Passw: rfactor2

Discord Room: https://discord.gg/PnYjbmh

Just be sure to subscribe to these cars in your Steam account before loading rFactor2 and you'll automatically get what you need.

USF2000 2017
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1782916300

CTMP (Mosport)
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1885152462
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 442

Finally a track i am fast on!

Liked: 845

I finally found out what happened to my version of rF2.. it got 'lost' in the HIDDEN directory of Steam.. which I never knew existed until today. It seems to be working.. now to get a few laps to see if I can learn this track.

What's a decent laptime? My preferred number doesn't appear to be in the list of cars and I can't remember anything about how to do 'skins' or 'number changes' any more. Been 3 or 4 years I guess since I had this working. Pretty sure that was rF1 too.

Steve
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Davis View Post
    I finally found out what happened to my version of rF2.. it got 'lost' in the HIDDEN directory of Steam.. which I never knew existed until today. It seems to be working.. now to get a few laps to see if I can learn this track.

What's a decent laptime? My preferred number doesn't appear to be in the list of cars and I can't remember anything about how to do 'skins' or 'number changes' any more. Been 3 or 4 years I guess since I had this working. Pretty sure that was rF1 too.

Steve
    Welcome back, Steve! I believe fast lap times will be in the 1:15 range with race pace being in the 16s or 17s most likely, but there will be a good range of different drivers in order to race with people.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

WOW! Here I thought I was coming along nicely .. starting at ~25 on a track I've never run before and getting below a 23 after a couple of sessions. Please confirm... we ARE using the AFTER 2013 version of CTMP?

I can see another second or 2, but can't imagine how I can come up with SEVEN more (fewer) seconds. Maybe I could just SKIP that 'double turn' at the far end? I was beating the AI's .. until I realized that the setting was only 90% .. I stepped it up to 103%, but still, the AI's are only turning low 20's. Guess I need to step them up to 120%.

I think I'm a pretty decent REAL RACE CAR driver, but I am sorely lacking in the sim world
    Steve
    Steve, FV80

We started on the same lap times as you 23-25 but we all managed to drop into the 15-17 range after a while. If you are on discord for practice we can watch and talk you through it.

You can take turn 1 flat and 2 with just a breath off the gas. Get a good run off moss onto the back straight. For the final esses don't brake or let off until about 2/3rds of the way around the first right hander then tap the break and downshift to make the car turn in for the first left.

Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post
    ...If you are on discord for practice we can watch and talk you through it.
    OK.. another thing.. just WHAT is 'discord'? I found basically NOTHING via google. I logged into it last night after seeing "4 people on line" (about 9:30 EDT) and found NOTHING .. NO ONE. And no way to 'do anything'. I'm guessing everyone had gone home and Keith had shut down the server, but I couldn't find anything to verify that.

You can take turn 1 flat and 2 with just a breath off the gas. Get a good run off moss onto the back straight. For the final esses don't brake or let off until about 2/3rds of the way around the first right hander then tap the break and downshift to make the car turn in for the first left.
    Thanks for the tips ... already doing T1 and 2 "almost flat" .. can't quite decide which gear I want to be in on those 2 and I gotta be INSIDE the inside curb at T1 to make it and stay in/on the outside curb. Going wide on exit at T1 (using some of that really nice looking asphalt) seems to upset the car MUCHO coming back ..at least most of the time. Also don't quite have that 'comfortable line' yet at 2. Keep getting too far inside too soon and having to correct. Also already doing pretty much that coming into the esses at the end of the lap.... I guess I must not be REALLY FLAT, huh? Maybe FLAT until Turn-in, but not past turn-in. Is that worth a second? IMHO, I'm losing most of my time at the double hairpin. Can't quite seem to get the line after turn-in to set up for the 2nd half exit. Getting close, but not consistently... and if I get that one good, it means I must have screwed up something elsewhere during that lap .

I seem to recall being able to 'ride along' with some of you (WAY BACK - few years ago) .. and found that you were able to brake about 90% better than me. (Recall VIR everyone going PAST the back straight 1 ..which I can ALMOST do in my Vee.. but not on my sim .. not without visiting the woods and about 40 rolls and flips). I'm using an old G27 wheel/pedals and maybe it's just not up to the task? Braking is my biggest problem .. I think. .. other than lack of talent, of course.

I haven't yet gotten onto the server. All my practice has been by my alonely (with AI's) on my machine. Maybe the server is FASTER ??

Steve
    Steve, FV80

Maybe the rubbering in of the track helps so try a longer session with a bunch of AI then remove them and do some laps

Discord is a voice chat app for your computer. Most people playing group games use it as you can log into a server/chat room and talk while playing.

https://discordapp.com/

Steve, the server is up 24/7 now. The track already has a rubber groove created so I'm sure that's worth a bit of time. If you can find time before the fun run starts tonight, try logging into the server and testing some laps.

For anyone planning on racing tonight, please make sure you test logging into the server before the event start with practice at 7PM CDT.

I would also like to suggest to everyone to bind a Discord push to talk button so that you don't broadcast every noise being made (simulated wind noise, sweary words, shifter clicks, Crew Chief statements, etc...)
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 138

I just tried the demo on my system and it's running somewhat choppy. I'm going to try to tweak some settings to see if I can join.

Maybe the full game has more settings though...

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesbe View Post
    I just tried the demo on my system and it's running somewhat choppy. I'm going to try to tweak some settings to see if I can join.

Maybe the full game has more settings though...

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
    Sounds good. With you racing other sims, I wouldn't imagine having issues running rF2. What are your system specs again?
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Apparently VR in RF2 isn't optimized that well. I have a 1080 and i5 6700k overclocked I can run Assetto and iRacing full graphics in VR so it was very odd. But I didn't shutdown a VM I was running as well so will try that.

Apparently VR in RF2 isn't optimized that well. I have a 1080 and i5 6700k overclocked I can run Assetto and iRacing full graphics in VR so it was very odd. But I didn't shutdown a VM I was running as well so will try that.
    One of the guys running with us (Logan) is running VR with a Ryzen 7 2700x and a GTX1070 and has been fine. There may need some tweaking to be done. May be able to discuss with him in Discord.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Thanks for hosting that was a good race. Gotta figure out the game, did tires go off? Felt like I lost grip near the end...

I was getting massive frame loss coming into the last 2 corners and sometimes in corner 5 so that was an issue. I was running with full high res settings I'll have to adjust for sure. Was fine in practice likely because less cars on track.

looking at Keith's sheet http://apexspeed.servegame.com:58000/ your tires where fine I am the only one who roasted them! I guess stock setup wasn't the way to go.

looking at Keith's sheet http://apexspeed.servegame.com:58000/ your tires where fine I am the only one who roasted them! I guess stock setup wasn't the way to go.
    I didn't change much, just removed a tiny bit of rear wing... actually maybe not even as I removed some then spun and put some back...

Must have been in my head, car seemed to slide more near the end especially coming into 8/9/10

I didn't change much, just removed a tiny bit of rear wing... actually maybe not even as I removed some then spun and put some back...

Must have been in my head, car seemed to slide more near the end especially coming into 8/9/10
    That's the rF2 dynamic track model (realroad). Excessive rubber build and clag that develops off-line.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Thread Information