Liked: 0

Default Mychron3 XG Log GPS Option?

We use an old Mychron3 XG log in our F1600. It does everthing we need but would like to stop dealing with the beacon. Coming from karts we have a lot of Mychron stuff (Mychonr 5, Mychron 4, GPS08, Data hub) is there anyway to add gps data to our unit?

Thank yu guys!

Liked: 553

Quote Originally Posted by xBMWx View Post
    We use an old Mychron3 XG log in our F1600. It does everthing we need but would like to stop dealing with the beacon. Coming from karts we have a lot of Mychron stuff (Mychonr 5, Mychron 4, GPS08, Data hub) is there anyway to add gps data to our unit?

Thank yu guys!
    When I was in the same situation as you a few years ago, I contacted Ellen at Veracity Data and she hooked me up.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

3. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 269

Quote Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
    When I was in the same situation as you a few years ago, I contacted Ellen at Veracity Data and she hooked me up.
    +!

Liked: 49

CDS GPS2. Not cheap but works well.

https://veracitydata.com/products/cds-products/

Liked: 286

Unfortunately, the CDS products no longer seem to be available. Best bet today to is to sell the XG-Log and get an Evo4 or or Evo4S system that includes GPS.
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

Liked: 227

I have an XG Log and my understanding is that it cannot be equipped with GPS. There is a piggy-back that you can use, but then you will have to deal with 2 sets of data. I am not an expert, but I believe this is what Dave at Precision Auto Research told me a few years ago.

I am also sick of the beacon, and even more sick of figuring out how to get it back when I leave it at tracks, so I plan to sell the XG Log and get a new AIM system next year.

Liked: 0

I have spoke with Ellen at Veracity and they were very helpful. She explained like David said that there is no way to used any of the AIM GPS on the XGLog. What they used to do is to add a CDS GPS2 to the XGLog but sadly the GPS2 is no more available. So all of you was right. But right now the easiest way is to upgrade to a newer unit.

We will try to hide the Mychron5 to get the speed, rpm and gps track data on the next race and used the Mychron 3 has display for the gears and alarms. We'll see!

Thanks for your reply guys!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 102

Quote Originally Posted by xBMWx View Post
    I have spoke with Ellen at Veracity and they were very helpful. She explained like David said that there is no way to used any of the AIM GPS on the XGLog. What they used to do is to add a CDS GPS2 to the XGLog but sadly the GPS2 is no more available. So all of you was right. But right now the easiest way is to upgrade to a newer unit.

We will try to hide the Mychron5 to get the speed, rpm and gps track data on the next race and used the Mychron 3 has display for the gears and alarms. We'll see!

Thanks for your reply guys!
    If you need a basic system, look at the newly released MXm. Built in GPS, RPM input, 4 analog channels, 2 alarms on the display, and shift lights. It might be just what you need versus trying to get the M5 to do some of what you need.

Liked: 33

Sorry to bring this topic back up front but I had a few questions still on this. For Starters everyone was saying that the XG Log can't do GPS but looking at the Firmware updates it does say GPS markers...

https://www.aimtechnologies.com/supp...hron3_Dash.pdf

I was recently given a Mychron3 Gold and and an XG Log to use for my Gen 2 Spec Racer Ford (FrankenSpec). I have been trying to find documentation that would help me do comparisons between the two. Yes I know they are old systems but the only data I have in from a first gen aim solo. I need to choose which system to use and the other will be sent back to my friend so he can resell or whatnot.

Insight would be greatly appreciated
    Chris Buccola track brat since 1986.
    Chicago Region- Corner Worker
    Spec Racer Ford Gen 2 #38

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1493

I wonder if the GPS unit from a drone could be used? Something like a Here2 or radio link module. With a firmware update, read the data through the existing beacon connection?

I know AIM want's to sell new units, but it seems to me that they'd get a lot of kudos for engineering a simple fix like that

Liked: 286

Quote Originally Posted by TrackBrat View Post
    Sorry to bring this topic back up front but I had a few questions still on this. For Starters everyone was saying that the XG Log can't do GPS but looking at the Firmware updates it does say GPS markers...

https://www.aimtechnologies.com/supp...hron3_Dash.pdf

I was recently given a Mychron3 Gold and and an XG Log to use for my Gen 2 Spec Racer Ford (FrankenSpec). I have been trying to find documentation that would help me do comparisons between the two. Yes I know they are old systems but the only data I have in from a first gen aim solo. I need to choose which system to use and the other will be sent back to my friend so he can resell or whatnot.

Insight would be greatly appreciated
    The Mychron3 dash is a display that works with Evo4 systems. It is NOT the Mychron3 XG Log that was the topic of this thread.

Carry on....
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

Liked: 33

I have the Xg Log and decided to use it over the 3 gold.

For GPS I guess I might just mount my aim solo first gen and then just do data overlays of the two systems. Not the easiest or most practical option. Otherwise might just run the beacon and wheel speed sensor.....then forget the beacon at the track of course

Btw does anyone make the brackets for these to mount them to the steering wheel or have a template?
    Chris Buccola track brat since 1986.
    Chicago Region- Corner Worker
    Spec Racer Ford Gen 2 #38

Thread Information