Liked: 138

Default anti-intrusion panels

Hi all,

just wondering if the FE has anti-intrusion panels, Kevlar on the body or aluminum on the frame?

Also if someone would have photos of where they are located if they do it would be great. I have a formula Ireland, same chassis setup but no protection and was thinking of either laminating the side panels with kevlar or adding aluminum panels but would like to see what FE has in comparison.

Thanks!

Forum Advertiser
    Liked: 5

Post Anti Intrusion panels

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesbe View Post
    Hi all,

just wondering if the FE has anti-intrusion panels, Kevlar on the body or aluminum on the frame?

Also if someone would have photos of where they are located if they do it would be great. I have a formula Ireland, same chassis setup but no protection and was thinking of either laminating the side panels with kevlar or adding aluminum panels but would like to see what FE has in comparison.

Thanks!
    We make the Anti Intrusion panels for that car, call us at 706 543-1797 Ext1 Thanks

Liked: 18

Kevin,
    What is the construction of the panels? Kevlar/composite sandwich or similar?

Thanks
    ~Rob

How do they attach? Where do they go? Can they be installed without tearing the car apart? That certainly would be nice but I suspect not possible.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Forum Advertiser
    Liked: 5

Default Anti Intrusion Panels

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesbe View Post
    How do they attach? Where do they go? Can they be installed without tearing the car apart? That certainly would be nice but I suspect not possible.

Thanks.

They are Fiberglass/Kevlar construction withy a black Gelcoat outside, They can be attached with Tie Wraps, rivets or 10/32 Screws, whatever you like. Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Kloepfer View Post
    They are Fiberglass/Kevlar construction withy a black Gelcoat outside, They can be attached with Tie Wraps, rivets or 10/32 Screws, whatever you like. Kevin
    So they just screw / rivet onto current body panels? And can be installed without disassembly? This sounds great if so, what kind of price are we talking?

Liked: 8

Just take your seat out. They attach to the inside. May need a little massaging to work around shifter. Very neat and clean.

Oh yeah shifter could be an issue as I run an ld200.

Thread Information