Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 1115

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Wright View Post
    A question...Is Replay still in business?. On the their website it shows the cameras "out of stock" and when I call, I get put on hold forever.
    A friend talked to them a couple of weeks ago - they're in transition to US-manufactured products and have nothing left to sell until then.

My two minis are still good after about a year of rollbar mount...
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Liked: 323

Quote Originally Posted by DK540 View Post
    I tried the Contour and the vibration rendered it useless. Cut on and off several times and didn't record more than 5 seconds each time. If you can isolate it from the vibration it might be good.
    David
    The issue you may have had was the battery losing connection when vibrated. The newer Roam (1,2 or 3) models have their batteries soldered in place and are not removable. I haven't experienced any shut downs and the shutter rolling is very minimal. I fab'd up a simple mount that used the rubbery mount that looks like a camera profile. Maybe that offers enough isolation?

That said, I like them. I did pick up a few on eBay for about $20 each, so I can afford to lose/break one without losing too much. Btw, the earlier Roam1 cameras can be upgraded to the newer higher frame rate software (Contour does not condone this practice). Roam1s are really inexpensive on the used market.
    -John Allen
    Tacoma, WA
    '82 Royale RP31M
    (‘72 Royale RP16 stolen in 2022)

Liked: 3

While I don't like reviving old threads, some here may find this valuable.

As noted in this thread the DashWare team is now working for GoPro. But they have now made the old DashWare product a lot of people loved completely free.

http://www.dashware.net/dashware-download/

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1262

And the 'original' Session is now $149 - and it's still being made. In discussions with the camera dude at Samy's, what is now called the Session is actually a step up from the original Session4. Better firmware, etc. The Session5 ($299) does 4k video, etc....

Liked: 447

I've got this camera I've been using to get rear facing footage that has gone through two race weekends and still going strong! It's probably similar quality of the second or third generation GoPro.

It's $26 shipped after using coupon code AMSJ8CUZ

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0714FHXF2...&creative=9325
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 8

Quote Originally Posted by openwheeler37 View Post
    I've been using the Replay cameras for a number of years now and love them. I had an issue with my first one (early production model) but their customer service was great and got a new one out to me quick. Ive been running the XD1080 for several years now, issue free.
    I have a Replay XD 1080. battery life is down to 30 minutes on a full charge. Number on owners manual no longer working.
    Can you replace the internal camera battery, and what is number to contact them? Thanks,
    Bruce

Liked: 115

I owned one of these that came with a car that I bought. Same problem with short battery life. No support from Replay. I finally disassembled it to see the battery. Pretty challenging to replace yourself but maybe not impossible. I decided to punt and bought a Ion camera. it's OK but terrible audio and some mounting challenges on my CF. I recommend you start shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by veeracer55 View Post
    I have a Replay XD 1080. battery life is down to 30 minutes on a full charge. Number on owners manual no longer working.
    Can you replace the internal camera battery, and what is number to contact them? Thanks,
    Bruce

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 447

Quote Originally Posted by veeracer55 View Post
    Bruce

I've heard rumors about the phone number not working anymore, but they still seem to be around to support cars running their stuff in pro racing events. Not sure, but haven't needed to contact them myself. May want to reach out to these guys to see what your options are. They have some Youtube videos on how to mod the Replay cameras so they may be able to point you in the right direction.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Replay-XD-1...-/401482638033
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 8

For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by jgaither View Post
    I owned one of these that came with a car that I bought. Same problem with short battery life. No support from Replay. I finally disassembled it to see the battery. Pretty challenging to replace yourself but maybe not impossible. I decided to punt and bought a Ion camera. it's OK but terrible audio and some mounting challenges on my CF. I recommend you start shopping.
    Looks like that may be in order. You can get a new action cam from Amazon for $50 or so. One of the Vee guys I race with has one, and his in car is great. Really like the Replay, but not if it records half a session. Thanks

Liked: 91

Front facing Camera: AIM SmartyCam GPHD
    Rear facing Camera: GoPro Hero session 5

One of our guys has one of those 360 degree bubble cameras mounted to the top of his rollbar. It's a distorted view, of course, but he can edit the movie to show front/side/rear at will. Very cool as a way to recall race action, a little less useful for careful analysis of line.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold

Liked: 1

Default Drift Ghost X

Just picked up one of these: https://smile.amazon.com/Drift-Ghost...s%2C251&sr=8-3

It has a feature that auto records when charge is applied. I wired it into my ignition circuit so now I don't have to think of the camera at all at grid when I power up to get ready to run the camera will power up and start recording.

One less thing to think of when getting ready to race.

I have not raced with it yet so will need to report back once we use it in the race environment.

M

Liked: 138

That looks really cool. And you could have one facing rearward as well and synch them.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Default Drift Ghost

I like the format. The crucial question, of course, will be how well it handles vibration. Please let us know.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold

Senior Member SilverCarbir_FC26's Avatar
    Liked: 31

I just upgrade my camera from the original GoPro HD Hero to the new Gopro Hero 7 and I must say it was worth it. I strapped it to my shifter kart radiator and the hyper smooth is worth it. It took the vibrations like a champ and didnt miss a beat. The audio is still lacking but with the mic adapter and a mic placed back under the engine cover everything should be good.
    Because racecar...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information