Liked: 10

Default Minimum weights for various Atlantics in their Pro years?

I got off on a tangent thinking about the recent 30lbs added to the 016's and what it would be like to drive something with 225lbs more than I do now (my '96 Ralt with injected 1600 Toyota minimum weight is 1225). I realized I did not know what the minimums weights for the various cars "back in the day" were and surprisingly Google was of very little help. So does anyone recall the following from the "Pro" years:

1) Ralt Rt-41 w/1600 Toyota (by '94ish you couldn't run any other engine because of Toyota's series sponsorship, right?)
    2) Swift 008.a w/1600 Toyota
    3) Swift 014.a w/1600 Toyota
    4) Swift 016.a w/2.3L Mazda-Cosworth

I intentionally did not specify years in case the weight changed (like with SCCA but I think an appropriate year range might be something like 1994 to 2007.

FWIW, the additional 175lbs I gained from moving from my RFR/F1000 (I could never get the RFR within 50 lbs of the 1000lb minimum) to the Ralt was quite noticeable, particularly when asking the car to change direction.

Thanks in advance!
    Tony
    Tony Opheim
    '02 Swift 014.a (1600cc Toyota, 1732cc Toyota, and 2.0L MZR Mazda )

Liked: 268

Default FA weights

Interesting side note that when the Toyota motors first came to FA pro and despite them claiming 240 HP as compared to the BDA which was about 212 HP or so the series made the minimum weight 50 lbs more than the Toyotas if you had a BDA! (Toyota)Of course had much more power according to the press releases!

Liked: 101

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Kehoe View Post
    Interesting side note that when the Toyota motors first came to FA pro and despite them claiming 240 HP as compared to the BDA which was about 212 HP or so the series made the minimum weight 50 lbs more than the Toyotas if you had a BDA! (Toyota)Of course had much more power according to the press releases!
    They also destroyed the RT41 with “adjustments” because the 008 wasn’t competitive...

Liked: 101

Default toyota atlantic series

The Swift 008 could not run with the RT41 so The series required the RT41 to carry 50 lbs ballast
    until politics took the RT41 OUT of the series all altogether
    Dee

Thread Information