Contributing Member Darren Brown's Avatar
    Liked: 20

Default Vortech Fuel cell wanted

Probably a long shot, but does anyone have a good fuel cell for a Votech. I have all the drawings from Fuel Safe so getting another made should not be a huge deal other than time and cost. I sort of looked at the generic size wedge cells and those are a no go.

If anybody has one please pm me.

Thanks
    Darren

Liked: 5

Default Vortech fuel cell

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Brown View Post
    Probably a long shot, but does anyone have a good fuel cell for a Votech. I have all the drawings from Fuel Safe so getting another made should not be a huge deal other than time and cost. I sort of looked at the generic size wedge cells and those are a no go.

If anybody has one please pm me.

Thanks
    Darren
    Darren, I had 2005 from Rod Stout and a 2011 from Jennerjaun and the 2011 had a slightly smaller cell. There was a post on this
    site in April about HARMON RACING CELLS for possible savings.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for letting me know that. My car is an 2011 from the jennerjahns. I might go the route of sending it to Harmon and see if they can duplicatell the cell. I also heard good things about Eagle Cells.

Thanks

Darren

Contributing Member
    Liked: 18

Default Fuel cell capacity requirements?

How much gas do you need to run a Major or Vintage race? Is 4 gallons enough?. Looking for a small cell so I can get lower in car.

4 gallons is enough for a 40 minutes Majors race. The thing is to make sure you can get all of it. My old cell held about 3.5 gallons, that was barely enough and I had to use a Holley Hydramat to use all of the fuel in the cell. The new cell from ATL is supposed to be 4 gallons but I am still using the Holley HydraMat to make sure all the fuel is picked up out of the cell.

I never ran vintage so I do not know how long those races are, but my guess is 4 gallons would be enough.

Hope that helps

Darren

Liked: 958

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Brown View Post
    I never ran vintage so I do not know how long those races are, but my guess is 4 gallons would be enough.

Hope that helps

Darren
    Most vintage events run races between 20 and 30 minutes. 4 gallons is more than enough.

Regards,
    Dan
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Thread Information