Liked: 0

I am looking for a replacement for a front blade type sway bar on a T644 Lola. Does anyone have experience with these and were they commonly used on FF's or is it another of the wonderful "one off's" engineered by Lola? We have the rear bar still intact and functional, but the front blade came in a bag in 2 pieces. The cable and adjuster arm are also missing, but I can come up with something for those. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance(and pardon my ignorance),
    -Andrew G.

Just to reply to my own post-
    I would be happy to find something close from another manufacturer that I could perhaps modify. I have found out through Todd (TCE) that we can have one made, but that may be a little costly and right now is not that large of a priority.
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

I had a Lola T-640 in the early 1990's and broke the sway bar blade. The only place I was able to get new ones was from a fellow in England. I dug out the receipt (I'm a pack-rat) and here's his particulars:

John E. Vines Ltd.
    Leigh Kawasaki Centre
    39 Elm Road, Leigh-On-Sea
    Essex SS9 1SW
    Telephone: Southend 72034

This was June 1994 and it cost me 125 Pound Sterling for a front and rear blade, including shipping. As I remember, John was involved in racing and was very helpful. I am suspicious of the phone number- it has probably changed for international calling.

My Lola is now owned by Mike Moore who lives in the Akron Ohio area. I do not have a telephone number for him, but I believe he is from NEOhio Region and someone there may be able to help if you need an original to produce another one here in the USA.

By the way, the Swift DB-1, DB-2 and DB-6 also uses a rear sway bar blade - I don't know how they compare, but they are easier to find in the USA - I've broke one last year and had another in 2 days.

Good Luck

Bob,
    Awesome information, thank you so much.

-Andrew

Andrew

I think I gave some info to Mike Moore that has a better telephoen number. Send me an E-Mail at [email]srx7racer@alltel.net[/email] and I'll send you Mike's phone number

Contact Chris Fox, he supplies many Lola parts in the UK, tel.+44 1487 823474 or email [email]chris.fox1@virgin.net[/email]

Liked: 447

Kevin at Comprent can make one (he makes almost anything) or Taylor at Two Dogg in Roscoe IL can make them too.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Thread Information