Liked: 32

Default SCCA iRacing Series

Anyone planning on running the new SCCA iRacing series? I am confused why they are running international tracks though.

The link is here for anyone that didn't see it: https://www.scca.com/articles/201155...-racing-school
    Graham Loughead FV #35
    Formula Vee Hall of Fame Founder

Classifieds Super License Matt Clark's Avatar
    Liked: 357

I had considered it, but there doesn't really appear to be any reward for those with SCCA Competition licenses... only members without. Might run for fun anyway if my free time allows, though.
    And it would be really nice to get the SRF3 car to replace the existing iRacing one. It could use a refresh to their latest standards anyway.

Also, it does appear that it will be using North American tracks... not international ones.
    "the SCCA Spec Racer Ford® Challenge Presented by the Skip Barber Racing School will utilize the iRacing platform to digitally visit 12 of America’s greatest tracks"
    ~Matt Clark | RTJ-02 FV #92 | My YouTube Onboard Videos (helmet cam)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Clark View Post
    I had considered it, but there doesn't really appear to be any reward for those with SCCA Competition licenses... only members without. Might run for fun anyway if my free time allows, though.
    And it would be really nice to get the SRF3 car to replace the existing iRacing one. It could use a refresh to their latest standards anyway.

Also, it does appear that it will be using North American tracks... not international ones.
    "the SCCA Spec Racer Ford® Challenge Presented by the Skip Barber Racing School will utilize the iRacing platform to digitally visit 12 of America’s greatest tracks"

Agreed. Not much incentive for those with licenses. Which is obviously not in North America.And yeah I saw that but then the last line says this " The season starts on March 12 at Autodromo “Interlagos”." Which is obviously not in North America. They seem to be contradicting themselves.
    Graham Loughead FV #35

Liked: 341

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Clark View Post
    And from the last paragraph of the article:

The season starts on March 12 at Autodromo “Interlagos”.

If that is in North America, I am going to assume that it is somewhere in Minnesota as that has the most chances of being "between the lakes."

All kidding aside, I actually think it a good idea to get more people interested in racing by taking those without a license and giving them an opportunity to win a prize that could get them into a real car. Then, they can see what it is like when it is your butt on the line and not just electrons on a screen. Maybe we will get a few more at the track from it. With prizes being a free entry at a Track Night event or a Skippy school (which I would think is coming at the schools cost and not the club), this looks like a good inexpensive way for the club to advertise.

May not be for us here on this forum but then again, Keith was only ever able to get about 3 to 5 of us at most anyhow.

Eric Little

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Little View Post
    And from the last paragraph of the article:

The season starts on March 12 at Autodromo “Interlagos”.

If that is in North America, I am going to assume that it is somewhere in Minnesota as that has the most chances of being "between the lakes."

All kidding aside, I actually think it a good idea to get more people interested in racing by taking those without a license and giving them an opportunity to win a prize that could get them into a real car. Then, they can see what it is like when it is your butt on the line and not just electrons on a screen. Maybe we will get a few more at the track from it. With prizes being a free entry at a Track Night event or a Skippy school (which I would think is coming at the schools cost and not the club), this looks like a good inexpensive way for the club to advertise.

May not be for us here on this forum but then again, Keith was only ever able to get about 3 to 5 of us at most anyhow.

Eric Little

I agree it is a great idea and hope people do it. I know I will do a few races this year in the series most likely.
    Graham Loughead FV #35

Thread Information