Liked: 10

Default Transport from upstate ny to west coast.

Bought the car, now want to get it to the west coast. PRS82,club ford, with some spares, all of which will fit within the footprint of the car. shippers are saying next Jan, just asking if anyone is coming this direction?? Not looking for cheap, just sooner!! Maybe meet in the western half of the country?? my cell 541 646 1245, Thanks for considering.

Liked: 77

Most of the major enclosed shippers (ie. Intercity , Reliable ) are gearing up for the Scottsdale auctions in January . That is probably why you are getting those responses.

JR
    JR

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most ! "

Liked: 30

The only one of the big guys that I have found that will deal with anything other than just the car i.e. loose spares is Thomas Sunday.

Try Uship.com where smaller independents bid on the work, some times you can get a great deal as they are looking for a back haul and ready to pickup almost immediately. Just be sure you are dealing with the guy that is transporting and not a middle man and read up on the reviews.

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 238

Brenda
    Classic Car Carrier Inc.
    111 S. 1200 E.
    Zionsville, IN 46077
    317.769.3609 office
    317.769.6495 fax
    Classiccarcarrier.com

Had a really good experience recently with a car I had shipped from Florida. Lots of bodywork, boxes and wheels, the price was fair and the service was quick. They do all kinds of race cars.

Thanks for feedback, have checked with most, will try Classic cars, but I agree it seems that they are all busy, and are telling me it will be mid or later Jan. If anyone is coming this direction, I will be happy to pay, and to make it work, meet somewhere if all the way to Calif is too far. Can't hurt to ask?? Thanks again.

Liked: 956

Default Bats

https://batsmotorsports.com/

Give them a try. I had good luck with them at a fair price.

Regards,
    Dan
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Contributing Member
    Liked: 473

Quote Originally Posted by DanW View Post
    https://batsmotorsports.com/

Give them a try. I had good luck with them at a fair price.
    I can second the fair price...

...but my luck was not so good.

A 2 week delivery timeframe turned into more than 10.

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Default car transport

Thanks to all for the suggestions, but all the known carriers were too busy, and were quoting late Jan. I then tried the USHIP process, which worked!! Got a couple of bids, one of which had great reviews, Picked up the car a week later, and had it to Dan Cambell's in Calif 4 days later! All good. Enclosed 24' trailer, all protected, car, parts, wheels etc. I am happy.

11. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 30

This guy is great but not the cheapest. Normally ships motorcycles but often has room for a car and spares are not a problem. Not the cheapest but he will take good care of it.

Tim, motorshippers.com 505-917-3349

Figure $2500-$3000 coast to coast

Thread Information