Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Default 2003 Black ATC 22'

More trailer than I need anymore.
    This trailer has all new recent brakes and all four tires, before the start of the2018 season.
    Lots of E track on floors and walls.
    5 drawer cabinet.
    2 foot deep bench.
    Wired with never used fluorescents by a proper electrical guy, NOT ME !
    On board battery for the electric tongue jack, great for older backs . Also can run a winch.
    Good spare tire/rim. Few Pit Pal additionals inside.
    7' between interior fender wells.
    22' from tailgate to nose, almost 20' to bench.
    Needs a good thorough cleaning.
    Can deliver within 100 miles included in purchase
    Trailer located near Lime Rock Park in NW CT.
    $4,000 or NEAR offer.
    Mike Rand

Photos as and when available and I can figger out how to post them...…
    Hey, it is a big black box trailer, you have seen thousands of them...

Liked: 208

Default Weight?

Mike, do you know the empty weight of the trailer?
    Ralph Z
    1968 Alexis Mk14 Formula Ford

Hi Ralph,
    Hope you are well these days, we've no shared a paddock for a very long time !
    The only semi-accurate number I can give you is fully loaded, with Crossle, 4 sets of rims with tires, 20 gallons of fuel, all the chassis spares , which are substantial [ I go by the rule that if I leave it at home I will need it and if I have it with me I hopefully will not ! ] and tool box tools and assorted parts and jacks and 15X20 ezup and fluids and everything , it weighed 6,500 pounds a few years ago.
    It has not been on a diet so, delete all that loaded in stuff, and maybe 3-3500 ?
    The CT registration says 3,500 but I have no idea where that number came from.
    Mike

Yes, it's been a long time. Thanks, Mike. Looking for something a little lighter. My current 7x20 is 3,200 LBS. Want something under 2,400. I thought the ATC would be aluminum and lighter.
    Ralph Z

Ralph,
    There re actually two numbers on the trailers registration.
    The 3,500 as noted on the line titled as Gross Weight. As I said I know fully loaded it was 6,500 so maybe that is something too with tax according to weight ?
    But then on the line titled Light Weight it say 1,500. I can't believe this 22' interior26' overall trailer would only weigh 1,500 lbs l but there is on the reg.
    I bought it from Len Amato down in NJ some yeas go, he had an elevator system put in and carried his and Ric Baribeauult cars for a while.
    I took the second car bit out as I was never going to carry two cars.
    Phil Picard did the elevator second car deal.
    I was not impressed ad that whe system added weight and was in the way unless yu had to cry to cars. It was really packed in wital their stuff and to cars, I remember them sowing up at VIR and when they opened the rear gate it was chock full of very hing jammed in.
    Mike

Contributing Member
    Liked: 863

IIRC, gross vehicle weight is based on the axle capacity. Typical axles on a tag trailer that size are either 3,500# or 5,000# each for a gross (GVW) of 7,000# or 10,000#. One hint would be the size of the wheels and the rating/capacity of the tires. The other would be the mfg. plate on the trailer
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

The aluminum trailers that I have seen at the 20' length are around 2200 to 2400 LBS. Some are more. Shaving 1000 LBS off my rig would be great. Almost like pulling an empty trailer.
    Ralph Z

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

Ralph, this is the same trailer Len and I had at the 40th. It had a stacker in it at the time

Liked: 212

Mike. I believe there is a manufacturer tag showing the weight

As Mike said.. I had transported Ric and my cars, tons of spares, scales, pit vehicles, large toolbox, etc and never had a problem

I had a licensed electrician wire this trailer.

This is an all aluminum trailer and steal at this price.
    Last edited by LenFC11; 11.12.18 at 8:40 PM.
    Cheers
    Len

Porsche River Oaks. Houston

Liked: 553

Mike, I'm interested if you'll be in the Road Atlanta area soon.

(just kidding, but it does sound like a great deal)
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Hi Russ,
    it is a great deal....
    Would have needed a lot of planning to deliver t to you at the ARRC shortly ago.
    Mike

Contributing Member
    Liked: 102

I'm very interested in this. I would love a photo or 2. If you can email them, my email is matt@trailbrake.net or my cell is 603-674-3250 if you want to text them.

I'm assuming this is 8.5' wide. I'd be putting a 914 in it and it would obviously need to fit.

Trailer sold and gone off to its new home in Woodstock, NY.
    Great new friend, Chris Bernard, hard to believe our paths had not crossed previously, stopped by to look with a pocketfull of cash and returned home with it in tow.
    He shows up in a VRG t-shirt and we talked about all the folks we both know.
    He owns not one but TWO Mallocks ! Built his own CaterhamSuper Seven clone
    Talented guy.
    And I am the one who has bought the D'Addario Trailer as listed in his add for the VD 2000 car.
    John keeps his trailer as beautifully as he keeps the race car. Poor thing has no idea what awaits …..

14. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 159

Default Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rand View Post
    Trailer sold and gone off to its new home in Woodstock, NY.
    Great new friend, Chris Bernard, hard to believe our paths had not crossed previously, stopped by to look with a pocketfull of cash and returned home with it in tow.
    He shows up in a VRG t-shirt and we talked about all the folks we both know.
    He owns not one but TWO Mallocks ! Built his own CaterhamSuper Seven clone
    Talented guy.
    And I am the one who has bought the D'Addario Trailer as listed in his add for the VD 2000 car.
    John keeps his trailer as beautifully as he keeps the race car. Poor thing has no idea what awaits …..
    He also fabricated and welded most of the F500 frames you have raced against at Limerock, and the Kokopelli DSR had his hands on it. I think he came up with the concept of putting a 3 cylinder 2 stroke in a DSR and built most of the car if not all of it. Indeed a good guy! We both got signed off at SCCA drivers school at New hampshire many years ago and I recall he had to do some of the final sessions in my RP16 to get in the requisite hours since his loaner F440 kept breaking the front uprights in the NASCAR bowl.

http://sports.racer.net/chassis/kokopelli/page1_old.htm
    Last edited by Roux; 11.17.18 at 5:26 PM.

16. The following members LIKED this post:

Yeah, we talked about all that, and much more. All the F500 frames and bits and his relationship with Pat Prince and John Goss and on and on....A man of many talents to be sure, really enjoyed meeting and spending some time with him. Planning on a day trip to Woostock this spring to catch up again.
    The photo of the Kokopelli he shared is certainly reminiscent of the current Stohr P2 cars in some ways.

18. The following 2 users liked this post:

But he was unaware that David Lapham had finally won the F500 National Championship at the recent runoffs in California, he was pleased with that news as he and Dave and Mike Brent had done tons of work together...…

20. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information