Liked: 7

Default Lola T200, 202, 204 FF1600 Fuel Cell and Container

Hi All,

Does anyone out there have a used (or new) fuel cell and container for a Lola T200,202 or 204 ?

Reason for the question is i am in the process of restoring a T202 and need a cell or pattern to make a new cell.

Alternatively has anyone had one made recently and can point me in the direction of the manufacturer, that would be great.

Thank You

Chris

Liked: 103

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat View Post
    Hi All,

Does anyone out there have a used (or new) fuel cell and container for a Lola T200,202 or 204 ?

Reason for the question is i am in the process of restoring a T202 and need a cell or pattern to make a new cell.

Alternatively has anyone had one made recently and can point me in the direction of the manufacturer, that would be great.

Thank You

Chris

Several fuel cell manufacturers in California. They may have a standard 5 gal wedge cell that should fit. You will need to have the cell marked as certified to FOA FT3 specification to run vintage with VARA or SVRA..

Fuel Cells Harmon Racing 2891 Sampson Ave. Corona, CA 92879 P: (951) 737-7220 F: (951) 737-7266 Email: jim@harmonracingcells.com

ATS in 8354 Secura Way, Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670 562-696-1128 y http://www.aerotechservicesinc.com/

SRACING fuel cels http://www.sracing.com/Store/Safety/fuel_cells.htm Reasonable prices on custom cells with FIA FT3 certification. Call Butch for a quote. 859-963-8318
    Last edited by Bill Manofsky; 09.11.18 at 7:21 PM.
    1980 Lola T540E Club Ford
    1975 Lola T342 Club Ford

Liked: 7

Default Lola T200-204 Fuel Cell & Container

Thanks Bill i've been in touch with most of your suggestions.

None of them have a record of a T200-204 design ... so it means that it has to be done as a custom cell ... hence the questions above.

If anyone has had one made recently and you are ok with me using your design .... that would work too .. i would just need to reference your order or part number to expedite things.

Thanks again all for looking/responding

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Manofsky View Post
    Several fuel cell manufacturers in California. They may ahve a standard 5 gal wedge cell that should fit. You will need to have the cell marked as certified to FOA FT3 specification to run vintage with VARA or SVRA..

Fuel Cells Harmon Racing 2891 Sampson Ave. Corona, CA 92879 P: (951) 737-7220 F: (951) 737-7266 Email: jim@harmonracingcells.com

ATS in 8354 Secura Way, Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670 562-696-1128 y http://www.aerotechservicesinc.com/

SRACING fuel cels http://www.sracing.com/Store/Safety/fuel_cells.htm Reasonable prices on custom cells with FIA FT3 certification. Call Butch for a quote. 859-963-8318

Liked: 103

Default make a mock up

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat View Post
    Thanks Bill i've been in touch with most of your suggestions.

None of them have a record of a T200-204 design ... so it means that it has to be done as a custom cell ... hence the questions above.

If anyone has had one made recently and you are ok with me using your design .... that would work too .. i would just need to reference your order or part number to expedite things.

Thanks again all for looking/responding

Chris
    I suggest you make a mock up of your fuel cell out of cardboard that will fit under your seat. make sure to properly locate the feed inlet and the outlet. Some are in the middle, some are on the top left or right.

Make multi view sketches of your fuel cell mock up and send it off to one of the three manufacturers and see if they have anything close. Otherwise they will use your drawings to make the final custom cell.

Keep in mind that you will have to enclose it in sheet metal. You will only have to cover the top and the sides because the floorboard and the firewall are considered part of the metal enclosure. Look at the SCCA GCR as to the proper thickness. You can go thinner if you use sheet steel.

I went to an HVAC shop that makes sheet metal ductwork. They had a big break and a shear and made the aluminum panels for me. Photo below is of the finished product in my Lola T540E. The side panels are fixed to the frame and the cover bolts on to the side panels for ease of removal. I did not need to have any welding done on it. For the sides and the top, I made cardboard patterns to fit check them before I took them to the sheet metal shop.
    Last edited by Bill Manofsky; 09.11.18 at 7:19 PM.
    1980 Lola T540E Club Ford
    1975 Lola T342 Club Ford

Liked: 2

i have my old one with a ripped off filler neck,

happy to give it you but im in the UK

I can get a postage cost so you have the exact size,

Or Neil Fowler Motorsport can supply new Aluminium ones

Thanks

Liked: 11

Default Atl fc140

I used an ATL FC140 and had ATL locate the filler in the center as opposed to the standard location. I designed the cover pieces and had a local shop waterjet and bend them up for me.

Contact Dave Dack at ATL ddack@atlinc.com

The serial number of my cell was 37613101, they should be able to look up the spec.

Let me know if you would like any other info

Regards
    Jeff Fritz
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information