Liked: 34

Default Tiga FFA-77 fuel tank...

Hi all:

I'm replacing my Tiga FFA-77 fuel tank with a fuel cell & can to start driving the Formula Ford again after a 37 year lay-off.

The tank has 5.9 gals total capacity, weighs 8.5 lbs empty, and is good condition. I've dissolved all the old foam out & cleaned the interior. It's welded aluminum with polyester resin & FG mat covering. See the photos & drawing for more info.

I don't know what you could do with it, but I wanted to offer it here before recycling it.

You pay shipping. Please call/email if you need more info.

fshortATflashDOTDOTnet
    (8.1.7) 6.9.1-5.4.6.5.

Regards,
    James

[
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Tiga FFA-77 s/n 38

fred short motor racing
    "Turning money into noise for over 2/100 of a century"

Liked: 954

Default Or you could...

If you send the tank to your fuel cell maker, they can use it as a pattern to make you a new cell. Another alternative is to use the tank as the cover by removing the back or bottom and the fuel cell maker makes a cell to fit inside.

Regards,
    Dan
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by DanW View Post
    If you send the tank to your fuel cell maker, they can use it as a pattern to make you a new cell. Another alternative is to use the tank as the cover by removing the back or bottom and the fuel cell maker makes a cell to fit inside.

Regards,
    Dan
    Hi Dan:

Thanks for the suggestion! My budget doesn't permit a custom fuel cell, unfortunately.

I'm getting a Fuel Safe p/n CB304 cell which I'll build the can for - I like sheetmetal projects!

Odd, I know, for a composites guy...

Regards,
    James
    Tiga FFA-77 s/n 38

fred short motor racing

Liked: 954

Quote Originally Posted by fshort View Post
    Hi Dan:

Thanks for the suggestion! My budget doesn't permit a custom fuel cell, unfortunately.

I'm getting a Fuel Safe p/n CB304 cell which I'll build the can for - I like sheetmetal projects!

Odd, I know, for a composites guy...

Regards,
    James
    Glad to hear a stock cell will fit for you!

BTW, please get your car done and bring it south to some CSRG events. Howden Ganley wants to see some good Tigas racing in the Crossflow Cup.

Dan
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by DanW View Post

BTW, please get your car done and bring it south to some CSRG events. Howden Ganley wants to see some good Tigas racing in the Crossflow Cup.

Dan
    Dan,

Please tell me more. I ran in SoWDiv back in the day, so all this Left Coast stuff is new to me...

Regards,
    James
    Tiga FFA-77 s/n 38

fred short motor racing

Default Fuel tank is taken!

Thanks, Apexspeed!

Regards,
    James
    Tiga FFA-77 s/n 38

fred short motor racing