Liked: 49

Default Canadian Grand Prix SPOILERS

Is ABC really pre-empting the Canadian Grand Prix in NY for the Puerto Rican Day parade? Seriously? Where can I get feed of the race?

This is their commitment to racing? What a f***king joke.
    “THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.”
    Hunter S Thompson

Liked: 138

Buy the F1 streaming pack from f1 itself. Well worth it.

Liked: 804

Where did you get info that it was pre-empted?
    I see this when I google their schedule for tomorrow:

Liked: 310

This sounds like a decision by WABC. They probably think (and possibly correctly) that more people will watch the parade than will watch the race. If you can receive WTNH Channel 8, they will have the race.

Liked: 49

Default Wabc

Unfortunately FIOS in NY carries the local ABC feed which has the pre-empted parade. They are playing the race at 3:30 AM Monday. If you have another ABC affiliate they will likely have the race.

Looking for options. How much is the F-1 online package?
    “THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.”
    Hunter S Thompson

Fallen Friend
    Liked: 168

Spanish channel, UNMAS, has shown F1 for a few years.....can be advantage if you don't know Spanish, yet care about seeing all the coverage. Of course, recent coverage has be rebroadcast later without any commericals... hopefully, that will happen here.

Edit:

Forget it?

Just looked at sch. not shown today...sorry.
    Last edited by Bob L.; 06.10.18 at 1:40 PM. Reason: not accurate.

Liked: 53

Default ESPN app

The race (replay) is available now on the ESPN app. You do need to have ESPN, via cable or satellite, I think, in order to authenticate.

Liked: 307

Understood it was streamed on the net on ESPN3

Liked: 310

The Puerto Rican parade was probably the better parade.

10. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 804

the 'race' wasn't worth the 2 hours IMO

12. The following 3 users liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
    the 'race' wasn't worth the 2 hours IMO
    While it was a parade - it wasn't the parade we expected at the start of the season.

Kimi was within 2 seconds of lapping 7th place - ie. the worst of the 'Big 3' was within 2 seconds of lapping the best of the rest.

Liked: 141

.......the 'race' wasn't worth the 2 hours IMO
    I understand that many people who actually went to Montreal hoped to get 2.8% of their ticket price back on the basis that only 68 laps out of 70 were run but the authorities dismissed their claims on the basis that several other races were held, all ran their full distances and all were more interesting than the F1 race.

Liked: 896

One of the most boring F1 racers ever! This is racing???
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

16. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 53

Default Canadian Grand Prix???

Should try to find film from Saturday’s FF race.... it was awesome, they put on a real show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. The following 2 users liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jnovak View Post
    One of the most boring F1 racers ever! This is racing???
    At the front it was boring.

Beyond 6th place there was a degree of action. That is the difference between the big 3 and the little 7. The little 7 are having a real cat fight this year.

The Big 3 - get their positions in Q. Make the 1st lap interesting and then settle in for the long haul with maybe a undercut or overcut thrown in on the pit stops for spice.

Liked: 41

I love that people are all angry now that Hamilton isn't winning every race. Sorry, but he's not the golden boy you thought he was.

21. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 183

That race was so spectacular (not) that the checkered flag was waved a lap early....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...at-canadian-gp

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4361

Obviously, I am a dinosaur and don't understand the world today .....

But I would rather watch the driver and team who does the best job on that day "stink up the show", like Dixon or Vettel did on the weekend, than watch artificial racing with action-creating gimmicks. Unfortunately, we can play with our phones, rather than learn and appreciate the nuances of sport. That is why Robby Gordon trucks run as support on Indycar weekends instead of competitive real race cars.

Most people here won't even give Nascar a chance, but they provide a good mix of gimmicks, and real racing. It is not a coincidence that Harvick, Busch, Truex, and Larson rise to the top, despite the gimmicktry. There are a dozen more almost that good, but they are that good. Of course, if you dismiss it as Nascrap ....... then you won't know that ..... and you won't care anyway.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw52 View Post
    That race was so spectacular (not) that the checkered flag was waved a lap early....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...at-canadian-gp
    Just as much of a F up as NASCAR F'ing up Red Flag and 1st Stage procedures.

Liked: 296

The WRC event from Italy was one for the history books. The last two seasons of WRC have been the best since the early 2000's. I like to nap my way through the F1 race because when I put WRC on it's several hours of sitting on the edge of my seat. Something like $100 gets you an entire season of WRC, every stage, in car video from every car, and it's all watchable live or post event and is totally commercial free. No gimmicks to make the racing close, it's still dangerous, the road conditions change, you still have to drive a car that is street legal, and they are the fastest rally cars to ever have existed.
    Chris Livengood, enjoying underpriced ferrous whizzy bits that I hacked out in my tool shed since 1999.

Liked: 896

Quote Originally Posted by problemchild View Post
    Obviously, I am a dinosaur and don't understand the world today .....

But I would rather watch the driver and team who does the best job on that day "stink up the show", like Dixon or Vettel did on the weekend, than watch artificial racing with action-creating gimmicks. Unfortunately, we can play with our phones, rather than learn and appreciate the nuances of sport. That is why Robby Gordon trucks run as support on Indycar weekends instead of competitive real race cars.

Most people here won't even give Nascar a chance, but they provide a good mix of gimmicks, and real racing. It is not a coincidence that Harvick, Busch, Truex, and Larson rise to the top, despite the gimmicktry. There are a dozen more almost that good, but they are that good. Of course, if you dismiss it as Nascrap ....... then you won't know that ..... and you won't care anyway.
    greg to a great extent i agree with you. The real problem is tha it is next to impossible for a following car to get closer than 1 second. Thus passes are next to impossible near the front. This is caused by the aero ruls and their development over the last decade or so. This is why the aero rules are being changed.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Part of the problem with pro sports - all of them, including all the top levels of racing. The talent at the pro levels is so good they make what they are doing - driving, stick & ball sports and everything else - look so easy that it is easy to overlook the high levels of skill and practice it has taken them to make it look so easy. Additional what breathes 'excitement' into all levels of amature sports are the 'mistakes' - mistakes create excitement because end up making for unexpected results. JR Hildebrand smacking the T4 wall on the 200th lap at Indy letting Dan Welden win is one of the rare mistakes that is memorable in the 500.

People tune into sporting events for the excitement they generate - pro level skill take much of the excitement out of sports since mistakes are rare.

Liked: 138

Yeah they should just random draw from the crowd for drivers at each race. Then it would get interesting

Liked: 304

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesbe View Post
    Yeah they should just random draw from the crowd for drivers at each race. Then it would get interesting
    Raises hand...

Thread Information