Contributing Member
    Liked: 25

Default Lola T324/T326 Supervee

This car has no chassis tag. It came to me with a T324 log book, but I suspected the log book did not fit the car. Due to the original body color [blue] and the gearbox number, Lola Heritage and I agree that this car probably started it's life as T326 HU71. The car was fully restored by a previous owner, including a new tub. The engine was freshened before I bought the car, and I ran the car during the 2011 CVAR season. I have started and warmed the engine periodically since. I actually drove it around the block about a month ago. Engine is 1700cc Type 4 with Weber IDF carbs. I have restorers notes and a photo record of the restoration. $ 14,000. PRICE REDUCTION; New price $12,000. USD.
    Last edited by rusty718; 02.02.17 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Price added.

2. The following 6 users liked this post:

Liked: 39

Default Lola T324/326 Super Vee

That is a nice looking car Rusty and the price seems like a bargain for someone wanting to get into a nice wings and slicks vintage ride!

Good luck with the sale.

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member

Default Lola

Almost forgot: Nose mold is included.

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 923

gotta love those mini side pods and the engine turned dash.

Nice car.

Contributing Member

Bump.

Is that a T-250/252 nose?

My what big nose wings you have.....

Liked: 121

1975 t326 was my first racecar. Horrible car for a novice driver as I had a tendency to bend valves with too many missed shifts, but I sure wish I had kept it all these later!

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Demeter View Post
    Is that a T-250/252 nose?

My what big nose wings you have.....

Neither a 250/2 nor 324/6 nose, side pods not "normal" either

Contributing Member

The nose may be someone else's design - the mold is marked 324/326. As for the side mounted oil coolers, it is possible the 326's had these, although no so wide. I have photos of the car earlier in it's life, and it had the side mounted coolers.

Contributing Member

It was suggested to me in an earlier post that this may be a high downforce nose built for/by Herm Johnson.

Could be but I remember in the dark long ago recesses of my pea brain that the Herm Johnson nose was the sports car type.

Never seen one like this before.

Looks very nice on the car.

Contributing Member

This is a side view of what may be the nose - I have not found a frontal view.

16. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1

There were a variety of different homemade noses floating around. My 250 arrived at my garage with a really bad homemade one. I just threw it out. Yes, it was that bad.

I don't think Lola ever offered a sports car nose but I'm not certain.

Richard Newton

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

originally the car came with a sports car nose

which is were i recall the oil cooler being located

Here is the very first Lola T-250

The one image was taken at the factory. The other image is of the car today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

20. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member

My T328 had the sportscar nose with the opening for the oil cooler.

Contributing Member

Unable to reply to PM of this AM. Engine is dry sump 1700 Type 4 with Weber 40IDF carbs. Thanks.

Contributing Member

Another photo of Lola.

24. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 18

Default Noses available?

Does any one reproduce original sports car type Lola noses for this car?

Contributing Member

I'm sure that someone has by now, but TWM Mouldings in the UK supposedly can supply.

Liked: 44

Default TW Moldings

Yes, they can produce two parts of the original Lola T324, the nose and the driver cockpit...they do not have engine cowling. I own a T324, as you know, your side pods are not original, your nose is not the one that Herm created, I have pictures.

Contributing Member

Default Lola price reduction

New price $12,000 USD.

Contributing Member

Default Lola

I must sell this Lola - I will entertain an offer.

Default High Downforce nose

The nose that you have on your car is what I think is the first nose Herm and Dan Cambell designed and built when they
    began to get away from the "as delivered" Carl Haas version of the car. The front cooler was deleted and instead two coolers were
    mounted in side pods of Herm and Dan's design. The second generation nose was a copy of the Hesketh F1 nose which Herm thought looked cool. It was thought to have less drag and downforce than the wedge shaped version.That is the nose they ran until the end of the air-cooled era in the Gold Cup. Herm and Dan also made
    some fiberglass flares that extended the rear of the side pods to the back tires. Another note on the side pods, they were not short,
    as pictured on your car, they ran from behind the front suspension to the rear tire, radically changing the look of the stock Lola.
    A few people copied Herm's ideas and consequently he sold a few parts to other Gold Cup racers. Herm's cars were always innovative
    but the real speed secret was his fearless driving, and Dan's attention to detail. They were a great combination.

Mike Wolther

Default High Downforce nose

The nose that you have on your car is what I think is the first nose Herm and Dan Cambell designed and built when they
    began to get away from the "as delivered" Carl Haas version of the car. The front cooler was deleted and instead two coolers were
    mounted in side pods of Herm and Dan's design. The second generation nose was a copy of the Hesketh F1 nose which Herm thought looked cool. It was thought to have less drag and downforce than the wedge shaped version. That is the nose they ran until the end of the air-cooled era in the Gold Cup. Herm and Dan also made
    some fiberglass flares that extended the rear of the side pods to the back tires. Another note on the side pods, they were not short,
    as pictured on your car, they ran from behind the front suspension to the rear tire, radically changing the look of the stock Lola.
    A few people copied Herm's ideas and consequently he sold a few parts to other Gold Cup racers. Herm's cars were always innovative
    but the real speed secret was his fearless driving, and Dan's attention to detail. They were a great combination.

Mike Wolther

Default Lola T324

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Ashmore View Post
    mounted in side pods of Herm and Dan's design. The second generation nose was a copy of the Hesketh F1 nose which Herm thought looked cool. It was thought to have less drag and downforce than the wedge shaped version. That is the nose they ran until the end of the air-cooled era in the Gold Cup. Herm and Dan also made

Mike Wolther

This is my car with side pods and front nose, 1976 era....

John
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked: 66

I have the front nose and wing assembly that Howdy Holmes had on his Lola T324. It's a really nice piece with an aluminum nose box, a fiberglass cover and proper front wings.........in fact I bought it on Apex Speed not long ago with some other nice pieces........

Liked: 2

Default 324

Seems to me I had Herm's 324 back in the early 90's. It was water cooled by then and had body work like Johns car. It also came with 3 scca log books. I had a couple of 360's at the same time and could compare parts. The noses came from the same mould and they trimmed a couple of inches off each side to narrow it for the SV. The cockpit was the same part. The nose / radiator mount was the same as well. The Radiator was the same and I was told that it functioned as the oil cooler on the air cooled cars. Front suspension parts were wider on the SV. Good design and fairly easy to work on but the tubs were weak where the main roll assembly attached and tears would form in the tub skin. I heard about one breaking apart several years ago. My 324 had a home made heated and bent windscreen but the factory ones were moulded and had a small return lip at the top above the steering wheel. I think the Lola bodywork guys can supply the factory screen.

Liked: 16

Default Still have the car?

I have not seen a sold post on your car. Do you still have it?

Contributing Member

Still for sale.

Default Bump

This is a great car at this price, I am bias with VW based cars. With all the desert racing, you can now build a rock solid engine, which will make the car fun to drive in SVRA events...etc...etc... plus, getting the car bak to orig shape would be easy...

38. The following members LIKED this post:

Default PM

Quote Originally Posted by rusty718 View Post
    Still for sale.
    You have a private message.

Contributing Member

Did not receive the PM - try again please.

Default SV

Tried a couple PM's but no luck. I'm sure it's something on my end.
    I worked as a mechanic in the air cooled Gold Cup days and wonder if I might have a connection to this car.
    Would you be willing to share any info as to pro racing history and names in the logbook. One of the cars I
    worked on was a 324 re-tubbed with a new 326 tub from Haas then sold on to a new owner. Additionally.
    they all had sidepods (longer, not short like yours) and ran that nose configuration with side mounted oil coolers.

Regards,
    Mike Wolther

Contributing Member

Default Lola Super Vee

First $10,000.00 USD offer will purchase my Lola plus these 6 gear sets with case: 23w29, 25w26, 25w27, 26w25, 27w25 and 27w24.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by rusty718; 04.30.18 at 2:14 PM.

Liked: 26

Default This was not installed by Wilbur or Howdy

This nose was built by Shelton Lindsay in upstate New York. I had HU-54 which was the Bunce team car sponsored by EZ Wider and driven by Howdy Holmes. Seems there is a fair amount of "BS" that roams around about this stuff. If you would like detailed answers to the lineage of this nose or HU-54 please email me.

Funnier than funny - HU-54 crossed the auction block earlier this year with mis-statements written all over it and it sold for $26,800! Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast2stop View Post
    I have the front nose and wing assembly that Howdy Holmes had on his Lola T324. It's a really nice piece with an aluminum nose box, a fiberglass cover and proper front wings.........in fact I bought it on Apex Speed not long ago with some other nice pieces........

Last edited by bkd320; 11.11.18 at 2:33 PM.

Liked: 0

Default Lola Super Vee

Is the car still for sale ?

Contributing Member

Default Lola SV

Car has been sold - awaiting balance of funds and pickup.
    Thanks.

Contributing Member

Default Lola SV

The Lola has departed - Thanks Apexspeed.

Thread Information