Liked: 0

Trying to find a clean print of the old Swift logo, the Hawk's head version, that was used on the DB1-6. I am planning to combine the American flag and the Swift logo to create car graphics.
    If it turns out well, I'll share!

Thanks

I have some nice decals of the Swift logo. Please give me a call.

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    703-759-0567 most evenings between 5:00 & 9:00 eastern

[

[size="1"][ December 05, 2002, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: Wannabedag ][/size]

Larry,

Under all that stuff, do you have old Reynard logos? Hell, you probably have a whole Reynard under there. [img]smile.gif[/img] and two Swifts. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] and a partridge in a pear tree... (I digress.)
    Timmy<BR>

Liked: 1417

FWIW, if anyone can obtain ANY of those old logos, I have the ability to have them made into decals (now how long it takes to actually GET those decals into my hands is a different story).

I can make artwork for any of them, given something to go off of.

If I can get a hold of some of the manufacturers logos, I will activate the "Avatar" feature on the sites, and you can have personal logos under your screen name.

doug

I have decals of the Reynard fox--approximately 10" x 4". Red, naturally.

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    703-759-0567 most evenings until 9:30 eastern

I have the Reynard text logo on my site. Here's a link to the file.

[url="http://homepage.mac.com/tristar500/reynard/reynard_logo_text.pdf"]http://homepage.mac.com/tristar500/reynard/reynard_logo_text.pdf[/url]

Does anyone have any Van Diemen artwork. I am in the process of having my car painted and it might be nice to have the logo.

Thanks,

Eric
    Kevin Coulter
    kcoulter@comcast.net

rainman

Pro-

Email me:

I have over 4000 motorsports logos on file.

[email]mmpromotions@earthlink.net[/email]

Thanks-

Marc Miller
    [url="http://www.mmpdesign.com"]www.mmpdesign.com[/url]
    Graphic Design, Marketing/Advertising consulting

I believe the font they use is Braggadocio which should be a standard Windows font. If that isn't the exact font it is pretty close.

[b]Bragadaggio[/b] isn't close enough to use, sorry to say. The true typeface is called Dayton Oblique (it is actually a Bauhaus designed Futura Black, but that correspoding [i]font[/i] is something different) in the typeface world. I have the VD logo set up as vector-based art at home. I will post it on the server when I get back from the office. You should be able to use the artwork to output vinyl decals.

doug

[size="1"][ January 07, 2003, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Doug Carter ][/size]

BTW, I used the same typeface in the [url="http://www.f2000.com/forsale"]"For Sale"[/url] web page that I did for our 94/95 Van Diemen FC...

Doug:

what volume of a particular decal do you need to sell to be able to economically produce them?

I would be interested in Crossle for sure-- there are probably enough of them around that you could get a return fairly easy.

Please post the ballpark cost per decal or per whatever unit of measure you need to sell them (10, 12,20...)

tia

Thanks

rainman

Doug-

Bragadaccio is a variation of Dayton, or vice versa. The angles are the same, but leading, font width, etc are the only differences (besides skew).

It took 30 seconds to adjust to specs provided by VanDiemen, but that is using either Illustrator or Corel.

Marc Miller

[url="http://www.mmpdesign.com"]www.mmpdesign.com[/url]

Well, to save everyone time manufacturing a log that would potentially be incorrect, [url="http://www.formula1600.com/doug/vandiemen.zip"]here[/url] is a zipped file containing EPS (vector-based artwork) versions of the Van Diemen, Ford and Hoosier Tire logos. Hopefully they will help someone who needs them. They are accurate.

doug

Contributing Member
    Liked: 100

Just took a digital picture of the original Swift logo from some bodywork. It was pasted on the inside and covered with some coating. Anyone experienced with Adobe or similar who could clean it up?

Liked: 104

HI Doug,
    What application do you need to wiew the files?
    I tried with Adobe Photoshop 6.0 wich shows EPS as valid file name but I can't wiew the files.
    Ar the working OK for anyone?

Henrik

I can view files in just about any format. EPS, JPG, TIF, TGA, PNG, GIF or whatever. Vector-based EPS files are the best, but hi-res TIF or JPG is the second choice.

Tom sent me the cleaned up version of the swift logo, but I have not as of yet, had a chance to do the manual labor on the logo. I may be able to do it after work this evening.

doug

Liked: 104

Hi Doug
    Some misunderstanding, I ment your zipped files, I cant prewiew them, which I whant to do before taking them to a decal maker.
    Henrik

Anyone have any good clean images of a Lola logo?

[quote]Originally posted by Henrik:
    [b] Hi Doug
    Some misunderstanding, I ment your zipped files, I cant prewiew them, which I whant to do before taking them to a decal maker.
    Henrik [/b][/quote]Need to open them in WinZip first, then in some vector-based illustration program like Illustrator or FreeHand. I will look at the other logos tonight to make sure they are not corrupt on the server.

doug

Thread Information