rainman

Hi guys-

I will be down @ Road Atlanta over Thanksgiving weekend and wanted to see if anyone living in that area wanted to stop by and say hi.

I will be there racing a 250 twin superkart and thought it would be cool to meet some people from the list.

Let me know!

Marc Miller

Liked: 447

I think that I saw one of those before. Is that the one that the Coyote drove when he was trying to catch the rabbit?

How fast is that thing and what protection do you have from a wall?
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

rainman

lol... no - there is no ACME logos on this one.

The top speed for Road Atlanta should be just over 140mph...

Protection? Well.. if the wall is coming fast... jump up and over it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Driving a 250 superkart(compared to a 125 on big tracks) is much like going from vee's or 1600's on radials to a FF2000 on slicks with wings. the faster you go, the smoother the ride.

MM

[size="1"][ November 07, 2002, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: Marc Miller ][/size]

Liked: 19

Having spent a season in the single cylinder IC/E superkarts I can confirm what Mark is saying they are a full tilt ride. I can also say anyone still driving them is completely nuts.

rainman

[img]tongue.gif[/img] and that was an ICE (single cyliner) [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm not nuts - just like to challenge myself

MM

No your just nuts ;)

rainman

ok... I'll accept that :D

DENIS

Hey, we have something in common!

I'm always asked "don't you worry about going off the edge (at Pikes Peak)?"

I tell them, 'just don't go off the road'.

Liked: 0

Marc-

We're interested in checking out the kart. Should be a sight to see. We'll be in Atlanta for the Thanksgiving weekend and wouldn't miss the opportunity to check this out. Let us know what day/time you will be at the track (Road Atlanta?) and we'll make plans to see the car.

Davy D
    FF 07

rainman

Davy-

Sounds good.

We will be there Friday through Sunday competing in a race of the World SuperKart Challenge.

Our kart is sponsored by ShifterKart Illustrated magazine - and will be a white and silver #6 with (SKI GP 250) on the sides/nose and wing.

I'd be happy to see anyone that wants to come out! I did the math on the gear ratio and HP and ran the numbers - if the day is good, we may top 150 mph.

MM

I keep thinking about Charles Darwin...

Niagra Falls must be Marc's favorite kayak destination.
    Timmy<BR>

Marc, I am on your side. You are not crazy. I think you are driving a very safe vehicle compared to an AMA Superbike with two less tires, and a higher center of gravity at 180mph.

Put a 1,000cc engine in one of those bad boys and have some real fun!

Good luck at your race!

Bill Vogeley

rainman

Thanks Bill-

While I know the 2-liter is safer when you hit something, the 250 is as close to driving a prototype as you can get [img]smile.gif[/img]

There has been talk about converting a bunch of cars to 4-stroke, which are heavier but have gobs of torque, but I'm not sure the strength of the bearing uprights would make it feasible. New cars must be designed to accomplish that. Earlier this year - a coverted car went from a Rotax 257 single to a Cannondale 4-stroke and once he got on it it ripped one of the bearing hangers right off the chassis. Not good.

Looking forard to meeting anyone who will be coming out to check it out. Bring your camera!

Frog- I prefer the horseshoe falls to kayak down, not niagra ;)

MM

Go to this site and click on the second clip. This is what it looks like to drive an IC/E (single). Remember no seat belts no crash structure.

[url="http://tbk.fameflame.dk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight="]http://tbk.fameflame.dk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=[/url]

I dare repeat myself... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Do they bury the dead with the kart, or do they put the debri in a centifuge to separate out the metal parts?

The only problem I see with the centrifuge idea is that the driver's gonads, and possibly his brains were composed of some heavy metal, and they wouldn't be properly buried with the body.

Just kidding Marc [img]smile.gif[/img] I may have to go to Atlanta just to see this spectacle. Although I think it would be more fun if they were on the track with us. Then I could drive like an FM. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Editor's note: Just kidding all you sensitive FM drivers and lawyers.
    Timmy<BR>

rainman

Well-

I found out today I may not be going to go afterall for 2 reasons - one a sponsor meeting that may get scheduled over top the date and two- the new motor may not be completed in time to get enough dyno time to justify shipping everything down from Canada to run.

I will keep everyone posted, but check this out for some cool pics.

[url="http://www.worldsuperkarts.com"]www.worldsuperkarts.com[/url]

MM

Liked: 1417

[img]http://www.f2000.com/readers/m_miller/complete.jpg[/img]

rainman

I will have Doug post another pic next week with the car completed.

It is coming along nicely and this complete rebuild can be seen, step by step, in the pages of ShifterKart Illustrated over the winter months.

MM

It has a wing!!! Should it be on this site???

Just kidding... [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Timmy<BR>

rainman

Oh damn.... maybe I need to squeeze a 1600 cc engine in this bad boy!

MM

Thread Information