Liked: 447

Default 2018 ApexSpeed rFactor2 Sim Racing League Shootout Schedule

Ok, so I think I may have a plan to get all individuals who were possibly interested and still keep it low pressure. The league for this year will be 5 races. It gives everyone plenty of practice time to give it all they've got. Hopefully the small number of races will increase turnout since it will be less commitment. So here it is... In honor of the past 5 SCCA National Championship races... Please reply with your intentions of racing.

February 7th - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Roadcourse

March 7th - Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course

April 11th - Road America

May 9th - Laguna Seca

June 13th - Daytona Roadcourse
    Last edited by Keith Carter; 04.15.18 at 2:26 AM.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

2. The following members LIKED this post:

dc

Liked: 341

I am in.

Eric Little

Liked: 442

Sounds good but could be tough getting people to the last 2 as actual racing season starts

Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post
    Sounds good but could be tough getting people to the last 2 as actual racing season starts

Agreed, but the attendance usually tapers off the end of the league anyway so this won't be any different. Besides, there are already people racing in the south.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Contributing Member Jerry Santucci 33's Avatar
    Liked: 1

yes, i am in.........
    Seeeeeeeeeeeeee Ya --- Jer
    "Use to be" --- CF #33

Liked: 2

I am in! Small chance I may have to miss a week due to work travel. (Unless I get a hardshell suite case )
    I am also new to rFactor (play a little bit of iRacing) so I have a couple questions with how the league works.
    Does everyone run baseline set ups? If not, is anyone willing to share their setups?
    Rolling starts or standing?
    What configuration will Indy be? (I am not sure how many rFactor has)
    Anyone willing to share what a fast lap is for Indy and the rest of the tracks on the list?
    What is the typical format for each race? Open practice -> Qualifying -> Race? Race lengths?

I will spread the word to some fellow racers that I know at least play iRacing.
    Sorry if these question have been answered in another thread.

Does everyone run baseline set ups? We don't run fixed setups. Different setups work for different people.

If not, is anyone willing to share their setups? Sure, setups can be sent when on the server, but I pretty much use the default setup with more wing and less fuel. Adjust camber and tire pressure dependent on temps after a session.

Rolling starts or standing? Standing starts typically work better for the majority of tracks.

What configuration will Indy be? It's the roadcourse closest to the Runoffs layout. It just doesn't have the inner loop.

Anyone willing to share what a fast lap is for Indy and the rest of the tracks on the list? I think getting into the 1:27s or low 1:28s for Indy. Not sure of the rest...

What is the typical format for each race? Open practice -> Qualifying -> Race? Race lengths? Yes, for official races there is open practice at all times for the weeks prior to the event. The race start time (9pm Central) is when the server will close and start qualifying.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 0

I'm going to try like hell to make the first one. I'm off that day, but work the next. But I won't be able to practice at all until the day before, so we'll see.

Liked: 0

Hope to participant in as many as I can.

Results and league standings posted.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information