Contributing Member
    Liked: 1

I was wondering if ff1600 would consider posting something like participation numbers for FF, CFF, etc.? This info would be of interest to any prospective new racers and could be used to help promote the class.

Comments?

Liked: 19

Rocky Entriken put together the Midwest Division numbers in the final MidAm report for last year. I put them into a table for John Merriman, who was working on a nationwide compilation. I will send it to you if you give me an e-mail address.
    - Frank Chambers
    Van Diemen RF81
    [email]chambersfw@yahoo.com[/email]

PS - For the number of drivers participating in the Midwest Division this year see the National and Regional (MidAm) Points at:
    [url="http://www.midiv.org/"]http://www.midiv.org/[/url]
    We need more CF and FF drivers! MAM now is open in Iowa.

[size="1"][ September 10, 2002, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Frank C ][/size]

Liked: 0

In the 2002 SARRC regional series, with only the invitational runoff left on the schedule, we show the following numbers:

CF..... 18 drivers had 60 race starts.
    FF..... 21 drivers had 51 race starts.
    CFC.... 12 drivers had 70 race starts.
    FC..... 37 drivers had 94 race starts.
    Timmy<BR>

Liked: 0

Doug,
    I just saw that you are from Dubuque, IA. I live in Scales Mound, IL, about 25 miles from you. If you are interested in FF or CF come by my shop and check out my Van Diemen. I raced CF in the 80's also, so I have some background in that area too. If you're looking to get into a class with a lot of participation, you're in the right area. We had over 30 start the double regional at Road America a couple of weeks ago!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 1

OK, easy guys... My reason for the participation numbers was simply for class (Club?) promotion.

Allow me to introduce myself to the forum... I was crew / fabricator for some Northeast C&DSR's and a GTPL Tiga/Mazda. I've been inactive for the past 6 or so years. Never drove. Probably never will... maybe when the kids are grown. Who knows?

I love sports racers, but CF has got to be the best bang for the buck. I've been to races where there are only 2 or 3 D's or C's. That's no fun.

If I was to go racing, I would be one of the low buck guys. Probably Club Ford with a homebuilt motor, begging for tires and sleeping on the trailer to save bucks. OK, maybe an enclosed trailer. Even Don Quixote had a nice horse.

Anyway, I was simply doing a little cheerleading. I won't be driving any time soon. (But I'm not selling the scales and alignment gages either!)

Thread Information