Liked: 0

How many people are planning on attending the Mid Ohio Pro Race on Aug. 7th? It would be nice to have a big field out there.

Thanks,
    Elivan Goulart

P.S: We have cars available for rent at Dolphin Motorsports
    DOLPHIN MOTORSPORTS

Hey Elivan,

I'd rent one, but sort of hard to do sessions notes and reports while racing. See you in Ohio.

Cheers,

Al.
    Allan Craighead
    eFormulaCarNews.com Managing Editor
    (226) 808-9472 Cell
    acraighead@howdenmediagroup.com

Andersen Walko Racing has one FSCCA car for sale (Click here for details) and we will bring it to Mid-Ohio and provide trackside prep for no charge to whoever purchases the car. Tires, fuel and entry fees not included, but all other costs are. Call Dan Andersen to discuss. 973-244-1900

Never mind! Car will not be going as it appears there will not be a FSCCA race at Mid-Ohio

FSCCA Pro all done?

No, just Mid Ohio.
    DOLPHIN MOTORSPORTS

Hopefully there will be a final race at Homestead. I would hate to see the season end like this. We have put forth a lot of time, energy, money, heart and soul into trying to win this series. To go home with no finally would put a damper on the whole season. I feel that the problems have been sorted out and that all of the owners that are waiting for the reliability can feel good about where the car is now. I don't think anyone had a tranny problem at Lime Rock. There was some carnage but that was all self inflicted. Let's go racing.

Homestead?

ITS NOT THE CAR I was told the ZTECHs got paid prize money. I dont think anyone in the FSCCA cars every got a dime. Same entry fee,Same tire costs and travel costs. Those are awful expesive tin plates.

Which Zetec team or driver has received any prize money this year?

Chris Dona told me that he got $1000 for his 5th place finish at Mosport. Dan, your drivers finish on the podium almost every race and they have not seen any money???

As someone who was looking forward to their 1st. ever FSCCA event, and one of the four who had registered for the Mid-Ohio race, I was bewildered, given Mid-Ohio's location to NEDIV, SEDIV and CENDIV, why only 4 cars considered the event. I think it would be enlightening to know why those of you who have cars in relative proximity did not plan on attending? Or to put it another way, what could have been done differently to get you to attend? Let's try to keep responses productive, someone might listen.

Run Hoosiers,450.00 entery fees,no 1500 dollar sieries fee.Maybe a new promoter is in order.No one at any of these big events is even there to see us why should we pay for the ALMS to show up.An East /Wesy Coast sieries as was original planned would have had a lot more enteries.Again as i said the car isnt the problem.Maybe when Enterprises runs it again it will be what it was sold to us car owners as.ACC ran for free last year with prize money.

Hello Fred,
    I guess you misunderstood me at Lime Rock. I was told prize money was to be paid at the end of the season, same as last year. I have not received any '04 prize money from Formula Motorsport, nor do I expect any until after the season finale...

There was NO prize money for ACC last year, FM and Avon worked a deal for free tires if you Won an ACC race. Email me if this is not clear...

Regards,
    Chris
    chris.dona@analog.com

But you will be getting 1000 dollars? ther is nothing on paper for FSCCA cars.Am I correct on no entery fees for acc cars?

MGBystrom,

I'm still waiting on corrective parts to complete the car. We've had the car since August of 03'. Had planned to attend the 03' finale in Topeka as well as the entire west coast series, (which was cancelled), in addition to numerous east coast events in 04'.

Senior Member Bruce Allen FSCCA #82's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Justin ran last Saturday's Mid-Ohio regional qualifying just to break in his Cooper tires for Aug. 7 and then went home. He got the pole ahead of a real Atlantic at 1:29.5 but did not race.
    Bruce, the "Greased Shadow"

Prize money for the series was to come from Cooper and is to be paid out at the end of the season. At this time no one has said any different. Before slamming them why don't we get some facts straight.

Homstead is a grapevine rhumor.If I revealed my scource I would have to kill myself.

Well someone should step up to the plate and put the facts out for all of those who have traveled and paid the money. No slam intended.Who said Cooper was paying at the seasons end.Ive seen nothing in print from anyone but got a nice big rule book for 1500.00

Hi Fred,
    Just to close on your questions, yes I do expect I will recieve a check at the end of the season. ACC cars have run with free entries since I start in mid '02. The ACC cars run with Zetec's therefore there is no track time cost to the series for including them.
    I personally feel the FSCCA drivers got a decent deal for their first year, they ran on Pro weekends with ALMS, good exposure, in addition to staff and logistics personel provided. Without these guys you would be running Nat'ls getting whipped in FA. When 12 cars show up to race, that $6K/day in entries doesn't go far, quality track time is BIG money these days.

Regards,
    Chris
    chris.dona@analog.com

Hi Elivan,
    If so, Congratulations on your FSCCA Championship!!

Regards,
    Chris

We have a slim chance of running a double Pro race at Homestead on sept. 11.

We need commitments for at least 15 cars by 8/10/04.

I am trying to get information to contact every one of you individually, but if you have interest please step forward soon!

Please contact me at mgbystrom@aol.com or call days 952-929-6888.

There may not be money, but how about this for motivation: "I bet my son with less than 1.5 hrs. in a FSCCA car, never wheel to wheel, is faster than all of you! But then again, he is a CenDiv driver!"

Mike Bystrom

Thread Information