Liked: 78

I plan on attending this event with 2 FSCCA cars.
    I would really like to have someone to race against.

If at least 8 cars show up, I will offer up a $500 CASH contingency to the winner.

I am talking with other companies to contribute more prizes and or money. But at this time, $500 to the winner.

First Place $500
    Second Place $300
    Third Place $150
    Fourth Place $75
    Fifth Place $50

Friday 10/8 is an SCCA Test Day. This would be a great time to shake down the car and get some stuff figured out.

UPDATE: If we get enough entries, we may be given our own session on Friday practice. So at some point of the day, we would get a FSCCA only session!

[size="1"][ August 13, 2004, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Jtovo ][/size]

Liked: 218

Throw in some Cubs tickets to the World Series and I'll be there! Seriously, how can anyone turn down Tovo Cash? I'll talk to Craig, Joe.
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

Liked: 16

Hey, Ole Tovo is on to something here.

In the S.E. the Spec Racer group formed a "Pro" series with some the competitors donating something to the pot for each race.

The series had a main sponsor, Robinson Motor Sports in this case, and each race was sponsored by a company, some owned by the racers, some not and usually $1500 to $2000 to the points fund.

Then we added in top 3 qualifying awards of $150, 100 and 50 again from another sponsor who did each race for the year), fast race lap award was $100 and second fasetst lap award $75 (another sponsor for the year), most improved from starting position was $100 (you get the idea)and 15 random drawings($50, prize certificates, parts from CSR's ect) from sponsors for cash or products.

By the end of our ten race series, we had over $60,000 in prize funds. Except for the year end banquet and trophies, all the money went to the racers at the end of the year!

The random drawings at each race were awarded to the racers that didn't get a race award for their performance and that allowed each competitor to almost get SOMETHING at each race. I think 70% of the racers got back their $100 per race entry fee in either cash or awards. Everyone was happy.

The points and payout was based on a point system as to how many cars you beat in the race. In a 30 car race, the winner got 29 points, second place got 28 points ect. If a 30 car field entered at $100 per car, that was $3000 to the points fund.

At the end of the year, the entry fee and the race sponsor money is added together and then divided by the total points so that every competitor at the end of the year got some kind of a check back. Each point had a cash value, so everyone got $$$.

Race sponsors were able to write the sponsorship off as an advertising expense. An example was Roebling Road put up 15 test day certificates and SafeQuip put up certificates to where I got tear offs for the new helmet that I got from them with my award certificates. It ain't cash, but it filled a need in my racing budget!!

Pretty cool. At the last race of the year, a banquet is held, the overall champ is crowned, awards are presented and everyone gets to eat, tell stories and cash a check to boot!!

With all of that in mind, let's realize that we need a national class for these cars. Only cars entered in regional races help get the National class. We would have to designate certain regional races as "Pro" races using the above format. The racers are awarded for their participation, the class gets closer to their goal of a true national class, extra competition is on the line for cash and prize earnings and a semi Pro series is at stake costing the compeitiors a lousy $100 additional per race.

The race results from the event as posted by the SCCA are the official results!! How easy is this???

I think the SRF champ took home over $8K last year in cash and prizes. All of it was done by the competitors themselves and not useing a group of officials, sanctioning body or anything else that drives up the cost of the series.

There are 3 guys busting their humps trying to make this class work. Kevin from Comprent is one, Bystrom is another and the last is somewhere mentioned in one of the posts. The 3 of you get a little set up going like that above in your area of the country, get the car counts up and a little cash flow moving and we will then have a solid base to run a real pro series. The toughest decision will be who will sanction it, SCCA Pro or by golly, our own damn selves??

YOu go into a big series, show them results of the races, show a consistant car count, show that the program is organized and up and running for some time and you will have a great chance to get on a couple of pro events with thousands of spectators. We won't be the main draw, and we never will be, but it is the realization of a dream to have a pro race before thousands of spectators a couple of times a year.

What do we have to loose, a lousy $100 to try it once??

Mick Robinson
    Robinson Motor Sports, Inc.
    mick@robinsonmotorsports.com
    Mick Robinson

Liked: 0

Mick,

Chassis 37 and 73 will participate. If we can assist in the programs promotion or in any other way please let us know.

Jeff

Mick, Funny you should make that post, as Mike Bystrom already called me on just that subject last week. I know Joe and I would would help set something up for CenDiv. The business plan, so to speak, is already being used by Steve Beeler in the East/West Challenge for FF/CFF.

I think a couple of level heads can get this together for '05 (Okay, that leaves Joe out!! LOL).
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

Please see updated awards above.

As of today I have 6 guys that are confirmed to enter. The pot seems to be getting richer too. You should pencil this in and make an effort to make this a race to attend!

I need to get 'lil blue' up from Atlanta then back again for Kevin's race. Then I'd need 'trackside' service.

Maybe someone is coming from that way, and maybe you will be going to Kevin's race.

Call me

None the less, I will personnal donate a set of tires, recipiant to be determined by draw, to any FSCCA entrant who registers before (Joe set date here), if 12 entries are received by that date.

Noah said he would like the $500 in small unmarked bills......BATTLE!!!!

Mike,
    My magic number is 8. And I have no cutoff date. If everyone shows up, the game is on! It is amazing the feedback and help I am getting on this! You guys are going to love this race!

I can promise you this, 2005 is going to be great! With this kind of support and enthusiasm, we are going to have some great racing with some pretty big fields!

Also, check with Kevin...maybe he would have a couple guys interested in coming up!

Liked: 6

I think we will bring our car with either kenny reinders, tonis kasemets, or myself driving. Who could resist a shot at some dough?right?? thanks for all your efforts guys!!

augie pabst

ps I will confim by next week

Joe, Talked to Craig yesterday and it looks like we're both in.
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

Liked: 709

If 8 cars show up, Gyrodynamics is willing to sweeten the pot by offering one our folding jacks:
    gyrodynamics folding jack
    and a front FSCCA jack adaptor:
    gyrodynamics jack adaptor
    to be distributed as the race administrator (that's you, Joe) sees fit. If the winner of the prizes already has a jack or adaptor, we'll substitute a check for $100 and $50, respectively.

See everyone there!
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

WOW! Great to hear that you are involved in this Jim! COME ON OUT!

************** BREAKING NEWS *******************

The POT HAS GOTTEN BIGGER!!

Roberto with ENCORE RACING has donated an additional $500 to the prize money! The money will be distributed as an additional $100 to the top five finishers!

COME OUT AND HAVE A GREAT TIME!

Liked: 709

Joe,
    Do you have a total number of committed drivers yet?
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

Liked: 447

Since things tend to get a little nutty when cash is on the line and if there are enough FSCCA cars, what do you guys think about getting a split start going with the rest of the field? I would really hate to ball up the car at this event AGAIN this year. Last year's race had a LOT of agression and there wasn't any money to win. Just thought I'd throw that out there since I'd rather roll the car back on the trailer instead of having it dragged. Yay or Nay?
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Keith,
    I believe that we are running as FS this weekend and will have a seperate group than you. According to my schedule, we are with FF/CFF/FV.

Liked: 1

I believe that we are running as FS this weekend and will have a seperate group than you. According to my schedule, we are with FF/CFF/FV.
    Joe, that's not a good idea either IMHO. Your class is Holomogated as a FA that's where you should run, not with FV,F-500,CFF and FF.

BTW, I will be racing in FF this weekend and I am not happy to be in a race group that has a money race for F-SCCA cars. -Dave

I agree with you Dave. I know that at the National level, we are FA. But at regional, I think it is FS. I could be wrong here.

Anyway, I would much rather run as FA! I think it would be safer for all involved. I will make that a priority! And keep everyone posted.

Having run FV for 10 years, I would be a little lery on putting Vee's with an FA type car. The regional guys may not be as quick in the mirrors and may not even see you coming as they turn down on you into a turn.

Tom
    chasis#58

Liked: 1

I would really like if you guys ran in Formula Atlantic this weekend, do you guys really need any more bad PR for the class? Also looking at my 2004 GCR F-SCCA is in the Formula Atlantic rules section, pretty sure that is for Regional and Nationals.

I think to run in FS, you will need another log book and another set homologation papers for the FS class somebody could get "cute" and file a protest. Thanks -Dave

When I ran the regional at Gateway, I was an FA. Of course that is MidDiv, though. We should be FA here, also. I hope so, as I want to watch my buddy Dave shake off the cobwebs and smoke the FF field!!
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

Reg and Nat is FA.

Have fun guys!!

I will be bringing my SCCA Sports Racer. Can I play too?

That is good to hear. I am still awaiting a response from SCCA to make sure.

If our class is big enough, I would love to have a split start.

We've run two regionals in SEDIV in the last month.

I do not pretend to have even read the GCR, but both times FSCCA was a class unto which we could register under, decalled the car with, and all results, practice, qualifying and final results listed us as FSCCA.

Moreover, at the first event, we chose to "wave points" in that class and where grated that appeal.

It is my understanding the FSCCA is a regional class, and that is why we can participate in the ARRC.

The above is likely more dis-information than not, but that has been my experience.

Mike, Divisions are allowed leeway into what they allow as classes. It seems that SeDiv has a class called FSCCA. CenDiv does not. I'm sure Kevin at Comprent has some pretty good influence in the SE and helped get the car classified on its own for Regionals. CenDiv could do the same next year, (Regionals only, obviously, as Nationals will take something by the National powers that be). Maybe we need to talk to the Regional exec's to see what it would take.
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

Liked: 190

Cen-div put FS in with FV due to 30-some entries this season of the "updated" FV class called Formula First. We had been placed with the Formula Alphabet group for the past three years, each time we get the SOM's to move us in with FV. Due to nobody running a real FS in Cen-div, many regions are now putting FS in with FV.

There will be one FS "First" running this weekend at Blackhawk, so my guess is FSCCA will be FA.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

So what class does Jim enter with his SFSCCA? Can/should we inlcude him in our contigency? I am not sure we should (he is QUICK)!

FSCCA cars are running as FA this weekend, in Group 2. Jim's SRSCCA is technically a CSR, so in the same race group as you.

The Formula S (FS) are a different classification of car per the GCR, and are running in group 4, with F500, FV, FF, and CFF.

Kevin
    Kevin Coulter
    kcoulter@comcast.net

Kevin,
    In another thread on the board, it mentions that we need to get the cars listed as FSCCA to get the numbers up. How can we register correctly to accomplish this goal?

Thanks for all of your updates and help!

Liked: 447

Kevin,
    Is there a magic number of FSCCA cars that we would need to see in order to have a split start? What can you tell us about going about requesting a split start the correct way? I would imagine we would need a unanimous sign off from all drivers involved and present it to the chief steward a preset amount of time before we race, correct? What else can you advise?
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Originally posted by Keith Carter:
    Kevin,
    Is there a magic number of FSCCA cars that we would need to see in order to have a split start? What can you tell us about going about requesting a split start the correct way? I would imagine we would need a unanimous sign off from all drivers involved and present it to the chief steward a preset amount of time before we race, correct? What else can you advise?
    Keith,

Per the supps, the Chief Steward must receive any requests for a split start within one hour of posting of the official grid.

Now, speaking as the Chief Steward, I don't have a preset number in mind. I will not consider any request for a split start without unanimous agreement of all competitors in the race group.

Here is what I'd suggest: see what the real entry numbers are after the first qualifying session on Saturday. If there is a strong consensus wanting a split, approach me at the drivers meeting (everyone will be at the drivers meeting, right? ), and at the end, we can discuss doing a split, and you should be able to get all the signatures you need right then. I'll then look at the final grids, and provide you with a decision.

Does this sound reasonable?
    Kevin Coulter
    kcoulter@comcast.net

Originally posted by Jtovo:
    Kevin,
    In another thread on the board, it mentions that we need to get the cars listed as FSCCA to get the numbers up. How can we register correctly to accomplish this goal?

Thanks for all of your updates and help!
    Joe,

I am working on it to make sure the results reflect correctly. I believe we will be showing the car make/model as "Van Dieman FSCCA".

What there is no doubt about is that you will run as Formula Atlantics (not a separate class called FSCCA).

Kevin
    Kevin Coulter
    kcoulter@comcast.net

Thread Information