Liked: 78

I wanted to move this to the events section. As of now, I am 12 email/verbal commitments. It really should be a good race. Hope to see everyone there. The list of door prizes and such is growing pretty quickly. We have safety gear and gift certificates coming and I think everyone will leave with something!

If at least 8 cars show up, I will offer up a $500 CASH contingency to the winner.

I am talking with other companies to contribute more prizes and or money. But at this time, $500 to the winner.

First Place $500
    Second Place $300
    Third Place $150
    Fourth Place $75
    Fifth Place $50

Friday 10/8 is an SCCA Test Day. This would be a great time to shake down the car and get some stuff figured out.

UPDATE: If we get enough entries, we may be given our own session on Friday practice. So at some point of the day, we would get a FSCCA only session!

Here is a link to the schedule and entry. Looks to be a good strong group.

BHF Schedule and Entry Forms

Here is an updated list of prizes and such.

First Place $600 CASH
    $250 Gift Certificate from SCCA Ent.

Second Place $400 CASH
    $100 Gift Certificate from SCCA Ent.

Third Place $250 CASH
    $75 Gift Certificate from SCCA Ent.

Forth Place $175 CASH
    $50 Gift Certificat from SCCA Ent.

Fifth Place $150 CASH
    $25 Gift Certificate from SCCA Ent.

LAST place finisher RUNNING
    Gyro Dynamics FSCCA Jack and Adapter
    I run one of these and are they COOL and USEFUL!

CASH and PRIZES are being donated by the following people and are divided above.

$500 CASH by Roberto Boffi and his wife
    $500 Gift Certifates by SCCA Enterprises
    GYRO Dynamics Jack and Adapter
    http://home.new.rr.com/gyrodynamics/

We are also getting prizes to be named from DRE /WREP (racecar supply),who is a local supplier in the area, who also has an EXCELLENT website!
    http://www.racecarsupply.com/

It is not too late to get the cars ready and come out to race! I would really like to see some cars come out and show the support of this class. If this works, we can make our own little series next year.

COME OUT AND RACE!

Liked: 3

Joe:

I just spoke to Cindy at Blackhawk Farms. Friday, October 8, is not an SCCA test day - it is a Blackhawk Farms test day. BFR typically runs an open wheel group, and a closed wheel group.

Cindy Lindstrand
    Lindstrand Motorsports, Inc.

FYI:
    The supps for the event say 102 decibels. You may want to bring a turn down for your exhaust. It should be 2.25" and point it to the right side of the car.

Liked: 0

So do tell Joseph, what was the turn out and verdict for the weekend?
    Dave Harris
    dave.harris@daveharrismotorsports.com
    http://www.daveharrismotorsports.com

3 cars.
    For a group that complains about this class and series, I cannot figure it out.

With Jim M. CSR, it would be 4. 2 cars ran Friday test all day open track, no problems.

All 4 cars ran all weekend no problems.

But it seems they are destined to be garage show pieces.

We also got down into the really low 1.11 at BHF. And the car still pushed bad. The car looks to be a 1.10 second car easy and most likely a SUB 1.10 car in the hands of a really good driver.
    Had a great time though. Some interest was generated and may have some people getting the cars who really want to race them.

Liked: 218

Dave, There were three of us. I qualified at a 1:11.2, Joe was at a 1:11.6 and I'm not sure where Roberto qualified (results are at home). Steve Thompson qualified his Zetec at a 1:10.999 and Ron Boltic also qualified in FA as a Zetec. Not sure what Ron ran for a time in qualifying. I was told Thompson was running a restrictor and was using FC wheels and tires to see how close the Zetec would be with FC's. Don't know if that is true or not.

At the start we went through one pretty much single file, with no problems, at least from my vantage point. Joe went by me in 6. I pushed to the outside of five which gave him a pretty good run. I wasn't about to challenge as it was way too early. Going into one on the start of the third lap, Joe tried an "optimistic" move on Thompson, which resulted in two FA's "unable to continue".

My normal mid-race brain fade started about three seconds after going by the incident and I didn't really get going until Dana got on the radio asking what was wrong. I told her I was just cruising 'cause I was so far ahead. (Yeah, right!) I had not paid attention to Boltic's car number or color, so when I saw a car off in 3D, I just knew it had to be him. (Again, yeah, right). When Dana told me the checkered was out, on lap 21 instead of 24, I just cruised to my first Formula Atlantic victory, a whopping .3 seconds ahead of Mr. Boltic. I'll bet his eyes were getting pretty wide wondering what that idiot in the FSCCA car was doing impersonating Nigel Mansell at Canada and waving to the corner workers before taking the checkered.

Suffice it to say I was about two car lengths from having something to add to the "dumbest thing you've ever done in a race car" thread.

I did turn an 11.6 in the race, in cruise mode.

As far as the prize money, Joe just gave me a blank check and told me not to cash it til the second Tuesday of this week! Jay's first comment to me after the race was "Patience is a virtue!"
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

Liked: 6

Steve -

Yeah - the thought had occured to me!!!

Thomson and I were running the restrictor and ECU's from the West coast series, just to gather more info. Thomson ran pro spec wheels in session 1 and FC spec wheels in session two and the race. I ran pro spec wheels all weekend.

I had some issues in qual 2 - throttle stop backed out and I had 60% throttle - my fault. Fixed that and dealt with an oversteer the best I could during the race.

Steve - Towards the end you kept getting closer to me, and I'm thinking "Gotta run him down." Tha S2000 on the last race lap really slowed you up. I'm sure you woulda got rid of him quicker had you realized I was right there!!!

Good racing with every one. I have a big racing hangover today.

Good to see Keith and Mike again.
    Ron

Thread Information