Liked: 447

Default rFactor2 Fun Run Wednesday - 11/15/2017

It's snowing outside. At least sim racing gives me something to look forward to! Come race with us next Wednesday at 9PM CST (give or take 30 minutes)! You can arrive early for practice as the server is online just about all the time.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 341

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Carter View Post
    It's snowing outside. At least sim racing gives me something to look forward to! Come race with us next Wednesday at 9PM CST (give or take 30 minutes)! You can arrive early for practice as the server is online just about all the time.
    I will do my best to be there, inexpicably find myself in the lead, only to spin out and give up the win. I have to say, rF2 does have an element of reality that is much better than rF. Mistakes cost a lot. Then if you try to make up for that by over-driving, it penalizes you more lap time. Hitting your marks is critical. And something that clearly.... I suck at.

Oh, and as for the weather outside.... tell me about it. It isn't even going to hit 70 here today. Brrrrrrr..... cold. Right?!?

Eric Little

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Little View Post
    Oh, and as for the weather outside.... tell me about it. It isn't even going to hit 70 here today. Brrrrrrr..... cold. Right?!?
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 442

Attachment 74994
    I'm not talking to you anymore Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post
    I'm not talking to you anymore Eric.

Well if you stick your tongue to a metal pole when it is that cold out, you can't blame me for not being able to talk to me anymore.

By the way, I am a serious cold weather wuss. My office daily is climate controlled to 68. Even when it is going to hit 105 in the summer, I show up to work with a peacoat. Every freakin day. If I had to live in the picture above, I would very likely die within 2 - 3 minutes.

By the way, how do you get enough heat in your tires to race in those conditions?

Eric Little
    Last edited by Eric Little; 11.10.17 at 7:50 PM. Reason: Removed the picture because it became gigantic and snow frightens me.

A reminder for tomorrow night...
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

We should do that Putnam park track as I want to see what a race there will look like. My guess would be a goat rodeo but it should be fun to find out.

8. The following members LIKED this post:

We can. We've raced there before in rFactor1 for previous leagues and it worked out fine.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

10. The following members LIKED this post:

dc

What was the spins/lap avg of that race?

Liked: 1417

I actually really enjoyed our time racing at the Putnam Park track in rF1. Neat track.

Liked: 91

Quote Originally Posted by rss View Post
    a goat rodeo
    lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Carter View Post
    I actually really enjoyed our time racing at the Putnam Park track in rF1. Neat track.

The track is a lot of fun on the simulator. Great flow to it. The problem looks like a lack of spots to pass. If we play this one tonight, let me know where to send a "real road" file so that we do not have to do the first 30 minute skating rink. I think they are trying to simulate racing there in February.

Eric

Not sure what happened tonight... We started with 8 cars and then ended up with 3. I need to populate the realroad files to all tracks on the server. Please email them to me if you have good ones as well... Just don't send overly rubbered in tracks. There will be marbles (clag) offline and will be slippery as well so too green is slick and then too worn is slick anywhere not in the groove.

Dean: No worries on the start of that Putnam race. I wasn't sure what was going on at the time, but these are all practice races to allow us to get used to how things work in races.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Thread Information