Liked: 1

Default Radical wheel nut socket and air lance source?

Hi all. My car came without the wheel nut socket and the air lance/wand? Are these specific to Radicals or could I purchase any socket and air lance to work with the system? I know the wheel nut is 70mm and those seem readily available as sockets sizes go online. 3/4" drive or 1", not sure if it matters? The air lance I'm less sure about as I know admittedly little about the various air jacks systems. Perhaps each brand has specific lances that work with each system. Not sure.

Radical parts dept says the 70mm wheel socket is $135 and the air lance is $377. I just didn't know if there are other options available to me.

Thanks!

Liked: 16

Quote Originally Posted by AWay View Post
    Hi all. My car came without the wheel nut socket and the air lance/wand? Are these specific to Radicals or could I purchase any socket and air lance to work with the system? I know the wheel nut is 70mm and those seem readily available as sockets sizes go online. 3/4" drive or 1", not sure if it matters? The air lance I'm less sure about as I know admittedly little about the various air jacks systems. Perhaps each brand has specific lances that work with each system. Not sure.

Radical parts dept says the 70mm wheel socket is $135 and the air lance is $377. I just didn't know if there are other options available to me.

Thanks!
    I use the Radical supplied socket, but I would think that you could use any socket of the same size. Regarding drive side, I would stick with the 3/4” drive because 1’ is overkill. If you don’t already have a big torque wrench you will need one because a standard 1/2” torque wrench won’t torque the required 240 ft lbs. I use a Proto 6020AB 3/4 “ drive torque wrench but there are other good ones out there also. You will also need a 3” extension.

I’m not sure if the air Lance is universal or not, but the manufacturer of the air jacks is JLS Motorsports (James Lister and sons) so you could check with them. It seems like the lances are expensive just about anywhere you get them but you may be able to save a little.

At one point you asked me for a picture of the small nitrogen tanks I have been using. Here is a picture of two of my tanks. I much prefer the aluminum tank because it is lighter and has a good handle, but the steel tank works fine also.

Charley

Thread Information