Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked: 23
    ------------------
    'Stay Hungry'
    JK 1964-1996 #25

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 921

After reading them I lost what little interest I had in going. So much for making things easy for the racer. You can't have your tow vehicle and trailer in the paddock/ "free paddock" is outside turn 4. That means driving your race car through the tunnel Oh Joy.

it would seem that this is a bit of a mistake with all the complications in logistics.

And will the golf course be open so that those who go have to duck very errand golf balls as well as deal with the general public able to wander the paddock?

Liked: 43

I am curious why SVRA can run a 3 day event at Indy for $675? Entry fee, draw approximately 250 entries, and presumably make a profit. Yet, the runoffs are expecting 700-900 entries and it costs $1125 and they will likely lose money? Sounds to me like we need a new negotiator.

4. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 43

Did you notice the August late fee of $500?!?!

Liked: 177

Did anybody catch the test day schedules? All I found were the prices for each of the four days but no session information.
    I race communist race cars.

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling, there are rules." - Walter Sobchak

Or does anybody know how many session each test day will consist of? I would assume it's probably only 2 session per group? Also curious what the groups will consist of and I hope that the open wheel cars will not all be in the same group together.

Liked: 30

I was wondering the same thing, but couldn't find anything. I imagine it's going to be similar to the 2016 groupings, which I found at the following link:

https://www.scca.com/events/1985196-...other_sessions

Looks like 2 sessions per group in 2016. The schedule/groupings for the test days probably won't be finalized until closer to the event.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisH View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, but couldn't find anything. I imagine it's going to be similar to the 2016 groupings, which I found at the following link:

https://www.scca.com/events/1985196-...other_sessions

Looks like 2 sessions per group in 2016. The schedule/groupings for the test days probably won't be finalized until closer to the event.

I can live with that. The two straights are plenty long enough for slower traffic to let faster cars by without incident not to mention the wide track width throughout most of the course.

Liked: 278

Default test day info now posted

Test day schedules and prices are now posted... looks like there's both big-bore and small-bore formula car groupings, costs decreasing through the test days but so are the numbers of sessions...
    Vaughan Scott
    #77 ITB/HP Porsche 924
    #25 Hidari Firefly P2
    http://www.vaughanscott.com

Liked: 175

The 2017 Runoffs entry has now reached 1000.

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 72

Does anyone know how the oversubscribed qual groups will be handled? There's only two at the moment (EP/GTL &F5/FF). I noticed that the other two groups (SRF3 & SM) that had this issue were split into separate groups.

Liked: 4

Quote Originally Posted by clint View Post
    Does anyone know how the oversubscribed qual groups will be handled? There's only two at the moment (EP/GTL &F5/FF). I noticed that the other two groups (SRF3 & SM) that had this issue were split into separate groups.
    They have not completely clarified. My guess is everyone that shows up to grid will go out and qualify together just like normal. The GCR states that the hard and fast cars per mile rule can be overrode by the executive steward for any group or session. These groups are barely over the 72 cars and with issues that come up may not have 72 show up to grid. These classes also all get their own race so that's not an issue.

I will have a front row seat for the two last chance races on Thursday, should be a blast watching the battle for 12th place!!!

Liked: 72

Quote Originally Posted by pauljensen View Post
    They have not completely clarified. My guess is everyone that shows up to grid will go out and qualify together just like normal. The GCR states that the hard and fast cars per mile rule can be overrode by the executive steward for any group or session. These groups are barely over the 72 cars and with issues that come up may not have 72 show up to grid. These classes also all get their own race so that's not an issue.

I will have a front row seat for the two last chance races on Thursday, should be a blast watching the battle for 12th place!!!
    Thanks for the reply

Liked: 58

Unless they split it for 10 min sessions it should be a real joy. I may park it by Wednesday. See you there.

JNS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information