Thread: John Mills

Liked: 76

Default John Mills

I heard that John Mills,Founder of Lynx/Caracal cars in the 1960's , and long time competitor has passed away. I have no further details at this time.
    butch deer

Liked: 301

So sad to hear, but thank you for letting us all know Butch.

Glenn

Liked: 319

Default Nuts

Great guy, sad to hear. John set up every FF, FB (atlantic), FSV my brother ran during the 70s. He was brilliant.
    Lola: When four springs just aren't enough.

Liked: 5

Default Checkered Flag - John Mills

It is with great sadness that I am announcing the death of my friend, John Clark Mills to the FV community. John died last Saturday July 22nd. He would have been 78 in November. For those who don't know, it was he and Bob Riley that started Lynx Cars in the early 60's Their second design, the Lynx B was a masterpiece of packaging and simplicity, and was one of the first Vees to make use of sound automotive engineering fundamentals. Lynx became Caracal in about 1979 when Mercury purchased the name. Mills was the sole owner at this time, and soon after produced one of the most unusual and successful Vees ever; the Caracal D, AKA "The Razor Car". That car was built from start to finish in ten weeks, just in time for the '81 Runoffs. He penned many other clever designs like the '78 Lynx Super Vee and the Baja Boats Beretta. Later he excelled in engineering other's designs at Rocket Sports, Robinson Racing and other teams. I worked and learned from him from 1975 to 1980. We shared many race weekends, meals, stories, adventures, and crazy times. Those were the last days of my youth, I hope to never forget them. I know I will never forget John.
    In lieu of a funeral there will be a celebration of his life in a few weeks, somewhere in the Detroit area. If you would like to know the details of that, please PM me you email address.

Default Mills Obit

John's obituary is at: http://www.muirbrotherslapeer.com/ob...#/obituaryInfo

Still no date for a celebration of life, PM me if you would like the details when available.

Liked: 301

A little late in getting back to this...but was there ever an announcement for a memorial service?
    I'm sure I missed it, but please let me know.
    Thanks.
    Glenn

No news yet, but hopefully soon.

Thread Information