Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4361

I am now ready to confirm the 3rd option

I bought the OBP fuel scavenge tank from Pegasus and it worked great. 90 mins of tracktime without a burp, bobble, or hesitation.
    It was the perfect solution for me as I had both low and high pressure pumps on hand, and several cells, all good, but without access plates. I also had room (because it was a tweener) for the bulky tank. However, I still recommend that people doing a conversion rebuild their cell and install the pump in the cell with a baffle system. The external pump with in cell baffle system is second option. If you use an external pump with a standard fuel cell (as used with Kent or Pinto) then you will absolutely have issues with fuel pickup. Guaranteed!

The engine conversion is everything I hoped for. Refuelled between sessions. Torqued the wheels. Adjusted tire pressures and shocks. Then went on track again. Now I can concentrate on driver development and chassis setup. Hope to see others make the plunge and keep the class viable going forward.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4361

Update: Working on the car in my spare time (not much) and gradually working out the bugs with the car. The engine has been trouble-free but it is a 34 year old car so lots to sort. I can hang around the back of the pack at the Pro races and got into the 32s at Mid-Ohio. Old man driver on 20+ session 2016 tires so I think the package has potential to be within the last second or two of the leaders.

Hope to have some guest drivers in the car over the next while. Car is available for Runoffs too,

Will be at Thompson on Saturday if anyone wants to check out the car in person.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information