Thread: Indy event

Contributing Member
    Liked: 863

Default Indy event

In response to a number of people asking about where to find the entry lists...FRP just posted our entry for the event on our website- I don't think its complete yet, but what we have so far.

The schedule and group listings found on the SVRA site have not been updated yet. FC and F2000 is run group 6; FRP entries running for the championship will be on Hoosier series radial tires, others can be on tires that match their normal venue (ie SCCA club can run bias tires and brand is free). FRP registered drivers will be racing for championship points. There will be a series of emails coming with details starting this week.
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Contributing Member
    Liked: 218

Default Seats available

I have two pinto powered Van Diemen FCs available for this event. It's a great chance to get some seat time at Indy!

Cheers,

Cade
    www.wrenchaholics.com

Rental, Coaching, and Data Analysis for Great Lakes Region

Liked: 3322

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Wright View Post
    In response to a number of people asking about where to find the entry lists...FRP just posted our entry for the event on our website- I don't think its complete yet, but what we have so far.

The schedule and group listings found on the SVRA site have not been updated yet. FC and F2000 is run group 6; FRP entries running for the championship will be on Hoosier series radial tires, others can be on tires that match their normal venue (ie SCCA club can run bias tires and brand is free). FRP registered drivers will be racing for championship points. There will be a series of emails coming with details starting this week.
    So the F2KCS is not alone in our sessions? I thought you had said we were going to be by ourselves. How many FC's do you think there will be?
    Dave Weitzenhof

Contributing Member
    Liked: 863

I always assumed there would be non FRP cars in the run group, and some cars who have run with us in the past but are not currently. It will be a single F2000/FC class. I have not seen the SVRA entry list, but anecdotally I know of about 3, and one other who wants to run bias tires and will therefore be ineligible to receive points or trophy.
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Liked: 375

Other than getting my ass handed to me on track, what a great weekend. It was cool to go through the paddock and see nothing but formula cars. At such an iconic place. Pretty impressive.

This was our first ever weekend with FRP and it's clear they run a great show. I know some people were frustrated with SVRA being in charge but I truly hope we start to see more of these all formula car weekends in the future. Also, a big thanks to everyone who offered advice and technical support to some new guy at the back. Most everyone in the paddock made us feel welcome.

I'm lucky enough to have a father-in-law that likes taking pictures of cars so I told him to take a bunch of the group. Enjoy.

https://davidkwitty.smugmug.com/Cars...allenge/F2000/

6. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 1880

SVRA has a bit to learn about FV's - they black flagged the race leader with a couple laps to go because his car was smoking a bit. Needless to say, he was madder than a wet hen.

Since when do Vee's NOT smoke a bit?

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 33

Default A big thank you to FRP

I'll second saying that FRP did a great job handling this event. Having 2 different groups trying to work together to keep the ship afloat and sailing straight is a big task.

On a personal level, I have to thank Joe and the FRP crew for being understanding and great people to work with. This was one of the roughest weekends I had to go through, and if it wasn't for them it would have had a lot worse of an ending. If anyone is looking for a good group to run with FRP is a good place to be. I'm looking forward to having another opportunity to run with them

10. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 43

Quote Originally Posted by cmschar View Post
    Other than getting my ass handed to me on track, what a great weekend. It was cool to go through the paddock and see nothing but formula cars. At such an iconic place. Pretty impressive.

This was our first ever weekend with FRP and it's clear they run a great show. I know some people were frustrated with SVRA being in charge but I truly hope we start to see more of these all formula car weekends in the future. Also, a big thanks to everyone who offered advice and technical support to some new guy at the back. Most everyone in the paddock made us feel welcome.

I'm lucky enough to have a father-in-law that likes taking pictures of cars so I told him to take a bunch of the group. Enjoy.

https://davidkwitty.smugmug.com/Cars...allenge/F2000/
    My God..

Those are freaking wonderful! Gorgeous work
    Washed up never-was

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information