Liked: 13

Post Sold - sold - sold - sold - sold - sold -

[SIZE=3]SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - Sold[/SIZE]

RALT RT-4 based Prototype-two, single seat, Sports Racer For Sale

suitable for: as a fast track day car or a great fast club race car.
    Legal as an “SCCA” - P2 class - or - “SVRA” – sports racer class or “VARA” sports racer CSR class
    History:This car Won Southern California SCCA Cal-Club Regional CSR class CHAMPIONSHIPS 7 years in a row, from 2007 to 2013.
    Car located on West Coast – L.A Area.
    Similar car with same body work was 5th at SCCA National Runoffs in 2016 and was among the fastest on the long straight top speed wise as well.
    Comes with SCCA homologation papers & log book.

[SIZE=5]CAR is SOLD ![/SIZE]

Package: Race car is comprised of a running & ready to drive single seat sports racer comprised of a strong RALT RT-4 – FA chassis & suspension with a fresh & reliable mid-engine mounted racing Mazda 12 A – Drummond Bridge-ported & Race Prepped & dry sumped motor putting the power to the ground through a Hewland MK 5 – manual five speed transaxle & swathed in a proven aerodynamic Beasley fiberglass body suitable for either racing, hill climbs or track day use. This car is low slung, great handling, well performing & a stable at speed race car & she is serious fast ! Onboard fire system & Stack dash also there for safety & convenience. Comes with 1 set of wheels & tires on the car.
    –-------------------- NOT for highway use ! ---------------------------------

Chassis details -- chassis is a no compromise full race single seat low slung RALT - RT-4 Formula Atlantic class - world class chassis, designed & built out of aluminum with Monocoque construction tub with full FA suspension, FA brakes & sports racer single support rear wing. Equipped with SCCA racing fuel cell & sample port as per current rules. Car runs sticky Formula Atlantic sized tires all around – Approximately sized as follows: front rims 13 inch Dia. by 10 inch wide fronts & rear rims are 13 inch dia. by 14 inch wide rear rims. This gives great tire tread support & great tire rubber footprint to the asphalt with resulting phenomenal cornering & traction. Car weighs approximately about 1200 lbs. dry w/o driver. This RALT RT-4 could also be converted back to a FA car as well as another option if someone was so inclined.
    With its awesome power to weight ratio, fat sticky tires, low center of gravity & awesome aerodynamics this car is a performer. Equipped with Koni Coil over adjustable shocks & adjustable spring perches.
    Also, Equipped with huge Vented AP Disc Brakes & Carbon Metallic pads all around –. (Note: rotors & pads both available off the shelf from Pegasus Racing). Additionally equipped with driver adjustable brake bias for getting the set up perfect for those high speed stops on the back straight of Auto Club Speedway where you turn into the infield off the high speed oval
    This car is very fast & has no handling foibles. Strong & great handling RALT - RT4 Formula Atlantic chassis is known as a driver’s car with great feedback & no handling issues, fully equipped with Driver adjustable front & rear sway bars. Driver adjustable brake bias, removable steering wheel, Onboard Fire system & more. Wired for onboard radio with Push-To-Talk switch on steering wheel along with blade antenna already installed on bodywork for crew communication while on track – you supply radio, helmet mic & ear pieces & head-sets, etc... etc.

BODY WORK: Body is made of fiberglass, currently painted yellow but easily repainted as it is a 3 piece unit & is relatively easily removable for maintenance & repairs in three main pieces. Nose, Tail & mid-body sections. Body is made of fiberglass & is a solid good design with proven good aerodynamics. This fiberglass bodywork package is made by Ben Beasley - all body work still available as molds owned by Ben at his fiberglass shop in case of any misfortune or crash damage issues where it may ever need replacement. We also have set of air intakes holes molded into nose for Front brake cooling in the front nose & tail body scoops attached as well for rears brakes that work well. Also an air intake scoop with air filter for engine included. If you decide to purchase the spares package it would include 1 all-new, still in the crate, spare body work body which is already painted & is a great value by itself.

ENGINE: This race car is equipped with a race prepped & fully race set up fresh dry sump lubricated reliable Mazda 12A Rotary Engine, which, with proper care & feeding runs for race after race & season after season & so on for multiple years of racing fun for relatively low operating costs. PLUS, this Drummond Bridge-Ported Mazda 12A engine is built & Race Tuned & Dry Sumped & fully set up to run on economical pump grade premium gas, BTW - that is a very rare economical combination among most race engines.
    The reliable dry sump lubricated Mazda 12A rotary motor produces 233hp @ 8900 rpm at the rear wheels on street premium pump gas. It has proven to be very durable & reliable & economical with no break downs for us. This motor is fresh & ready to go with just break in time & 1 race weekend since rebuild. Last rebuild prior we went over 20 races before we did it this time. No DNS or DNF's. Carb is a 48 IDA Weber. Shift point is 8900 rpm. Properly treated, car, chassis, engine & transmission are very low maintenance: no valves to adjust, Weber down draft carb is very reliable, dual MDS ignition system works like a charm, no tricky tuning & tweaking needed. Cars engine is built & tuned to run on street grade premium pump gas, so no need to buy expensive Racing Gas or Avgas unless you want to, which makes operating expense very low.

TRANSMISSION : Gearbox is a durable proven Hewland Mk5 - five speed manual shift transaxle style transmission & ring & pinion combo with interchangeable gear ratios for 1st through 5th gears. Reliable Hewland gear boxes have been used in all forms of racing cars from F-1 to Indy to LeMans race cars as well as us club racers with a proven track record of durability, parts availability & getting the job done in a reliable & efficient manner. Right hand manual gated H pattern shifter falls right to hand for quick & easy shifting.

Spares: This race car is pretty reliable & does not need a bunch of spare parts to keep it running like some race cars do. There are a few spares I am including with the car as follows ( est are extra) like a core long block engine block which was in worn but running condition but was tired & in need of freshening and the shipping crate it’s stored in. Then there are a couple gear ratio spares & a few other in-sundry items that come with this race car. Any of the other spares such as the body or wheels are extra cost. She is in full running condition & can be driven now, However belts are expired.
    Car does come with one set of 4 racing rims on the car 2 Ft’s & 2 Rr’s as racing wheels. If you decide to purchase the spares package it would include a set of transport wheels for ease in trailer loading & storage & maintenance access -- but you need to buy the spares package to get these extras.
    The rest of spares are available as optional cost items that are available for purchase if wanted for reasonable additional costs.

Car PRICING: -- [SIZE=5]CAR IS SOLD ! [/SIZE] $ 29,950.00 for entire package Car & Spares – FOB your trailer – Camarillo, CA.
    Car only - with no transport wheels & no spares at all - $ 24,999.00

Contact Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Malfred; 06.26.17 at 12:31 AM.

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 416

Chassis number? AM number?
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Default I believe you already have my Chassis number

Charles,

I believe I have already a few years ago sent you my chassis number & such, so it should be in your registry.

Here are the numbers I think.

82 AM # 217

Thanks.

Mike
    Last edited by Malfred; 05.06.17 at 2:58 PM.

Liked: 29

Default Ralt RT-4

Mike is highly experienced and successful Regional racer. A few years ago, I volunteered to help Mike at a Regional race at Buttonwillow. Because of his work commitments he was not able to practice or qualify on Saturday. Therefore, he was relegated to the back of the 'Wings and Things' group for Saturdays race.

Saturday evening as I was walking through the pits I overheard the following conversation between two of his well respected and successful National /Majors level competitors. (Please forgive me, this is paraphrased as I did not record the comments verbatim.)

Driver 1: How is it he is so fast?
    Driver 2: I don't understand it. He didn't practice. He didn't qualify. He started dead last and beat all of us.
    Driver 1: I was ahead of you and he literally screamed past me. He (whops) me every time he races against us.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 115

Default Ralt

Great car and a great price.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 115

Default Btt

Bump for Mike

For Sale SOLD - Sold - Sold - SOLD - SOLD - sold, sold ! !

Car is sold !

m.
    Last edited by Malfred; 07.23.17 at 1:20 AM.

Thread Information