Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Default Bilstein "Service" contact

A question that has been asked before BUT "THEY", being Bilstein, have relocated to a different facility in California, so the answer phone says, but after maybe a dozen attempts to talk to an actual human being having failed I am getting concerned.
    Eric Langbein sent in a full car set of Bilsteins for my Crossle 30F over the winter, luckily holding on to a virtual spare set of admittedly mismatched, at least the lengths were identifiable as 2 fronts and 2 rears, and the one conversation I had with anyone there, Bilstein, said they were on a 10-12 week turnaround.
    I have had excellent service and response and turn around in the past but things seem to have changed.
    Anyone with any recent first had experience or advice much appreciated.
    Such as a direct line to a living breathing responsive person.
    I leave multiple phone messages with multiple extensions and send emails as the voice greeting for one of them requests, all no reply.
    I adore Bilstein shocks, guess I better stop messing them up if and when I ever get the full set all revalved and rebuilt back if this is how they are anymore.....
    Help !

Contributing Member
    Liked: 863

Call Angelo (at Anze Suspension) 516-671-3960. He might have a live contact somewhere.
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Contributing Member
    Liked: 473

See if this helps:

Scott MacDonald
    Director of Motorsports - North America

ThyssenKrupp Bilstein of America, Inc.
    293 Timber Road
    Mooresville, NC 28115
    Office: +1 858 386-5963
    Mobile: +1 704 754-7241
    Fax: +1 858 386-5263
    Email: scott.macdonald@thyssenkrupp.com

I realize he's not California, but the title suggests a certain level of authority.

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 416

Default Bilstein Shocks

Since it appears these may be needed by someone, I have about 12 older shocks off Ralt FAs that would need service. I'll get the numbers and lengths if anyone would be interested in them. Pay the shipping and $10 a shock and they're yours.

Let me know if there is any interest.

fattogatto@msn.com
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Thanks as always to the apexspeed community for the quick responses, I will post as and when I am successful in resolving this , hopefully sooner rather than later,
    thanks guys......

Liked: 246

Charles, i would be very interested for some vintage FF projects I have going. Looking for roughly 9-10" compressed, 12-13" extended. Let me know if you could get some lengths. Thanks Todd (todd.strong at gulfstream dot com)

Contributing Member Earley Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 435

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Warner View Post
    Since it appears these may be needed by someone, I have about 12 older shocks off Ralt FAs that would need service. I'll get the numbers and lengths if anyone would be interested in them. Pay the shipping and $10 a shock and they're yours.

Let me know if there is any interest.

fattogatto@msn.com
    Message sent Charles.
    Graham

Well how about that, just got a phone call from Bilstein in CA and with some luck I might have the shocks back in another month or so.
    Without going into much detail "Mike" at Bilstein in CA said that my shocks had at least been evaluated and with acceptance of the estimate [and a credit card of course] work could/would proceed.
    Maybe they have gotten their new facility up and running and organized and maybe some personnel changes, fingers crossed.

Hope this sells a few shocks for Charles, I continue to love well valved Bilsteins and stand by them, as said previous rebuilds went seamlessly and was always a very good experience, so fingers crossed they are back on top of whatever issues they were dealing with.

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 416

Default Bilsteins for Sale

Since I started this issue in this thread I thought I'd stay here. I've had several inquiries and will offer them based on the timing of the responses. One private message and then those on this forum.

I want to get rid of the entire package as shown below.

4 228-102 open 12.625 closed 9.125 body 6.125

7 280-72 open 13.250 closed 9.750 body 9.875

1 280-72 open 12.000 closed 8.500 body 6.125

7 spring seats

3 upper spring retainers

13 sundry eye inserts

I stress these are take-offs from early Ralt atlantics and I have no idea of their condition. The will need rebuilding.

$250 for everything shipped anywhere in the CONUS.

I will update the posting based on the responses I receive from those already indicating interest.

Contact fattogatto@msn.com for details.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Thread Information