Liked: 33

Default Aim MXS install in FF Fit - what connector cable?

Tying to install an MXS in a FF with the Honda Fit engine. We bought the package from Pegasus with coaching from AIM. The cable they gave us to go from the MXS to the ECU does not have the right connector. it's much larger than the Honda supplied car harness.

The cable we have is = MC-413 which I believe to be the Pegasus part number.

I've heard rumors that Honda has supplied two different ECU's or maybe car harness for the install?? maybe that's the confusion??

The OD of the connector nut on the car is .670" and the barrel in the inside that houses the pins is .386" OD

Thanks in advance for any knowledge you folks have to share...

Liked: 67

Call Dave or Ellen at Veracity Data in CA. They can help.
    -Peter Krause
    1984 Tiga SC
    www.peterkrause.net
    "The Driver is the Greatest Performance Variable in the Racing Equation"

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 286

Contact Pegasus and ask them to support that.

The description is wrong, claiming to connect to the CAN port on the MX* Dashes. CAN Expansion is only for AiM expansions.

All of the Honda FF kits that I have been involved with (dozens) have used the tyco connector which we have in stock.

The easiest solution is to send us your MXS harness with the Blue CAN- and White CAN+ wires. Tell me how much extra length you need to reach your Honda data connector. I will tidy up unused wiring (K-Line and RPM wiring), and add the necessary wire, shrink tube and a label.

I can also just supply a connector with pigtail and you splice the CAN wires.

If desired, the Honda Data connector can also power your dash -- let us know if you want that.

Let us know if we can help..
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

Contributing Member
    Liked: 102

You have the Amp connector and need the Tyco. Pegasus should be able to swap it out for you.
    Details in the description https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pr...asp?RecID=9672

David and Ellen should be able to help you out if Pegasus can't.

Huge help guys!!!!

David, very nice to meet you. I like the idea of sending you the MXS harness and having it cleaned up as you described. Thanks for offering that.

So I live only a short drive from Pegasus so let me see what they have to say first thing in the morning. If they don't have clear solution right away that I like I'll ship the harness to you in the afternoon.

I feel a lot better now that I have some contacts who know what to do....

Default We are on our way to the right solution!

David and Ellen will be putting the right connector on this week. Thank you everyone for your interest and guidance - you made it easy to get the right information and find the right people!

Thanks again

Thread Information