Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 21

Default 900# Enclosed Trailer

I am selling my Pace trailer which I removed the leaf springs from and installed a rubber suspension trailing arm suspension to lower the trailer and make it more suitable for a formula car. The axle and spring assy. was about $2000 to add over the original cost of the trailer at $3000. It has a rear ramp door and side door. The inside is painted white and there is a dome light plus a collar for a roof vent (capped presently).

It is probably the lightest enclosed trailer possible at approximately 900#.

The inside length is 146.625" in the center. At the sides of the box, it is 144" since the front wall has a slight curve to it.

The inside trailer box width is 68 3/8 to 69 along the inside walls.

The rear ramp door opening is 62.125" (62 1/8) if you don't touch the rubber gaskets on each side. The actual door opening is about 62.875".(62 7/8"). 2" hitch ball. new tires and rims plus 2 good mounted spares. One is bolted to the front of the trailer.

$2800 reduced to $2500

I am located in Prescott AZ.
    Chuck
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by B17overhead; 02.05.17 at 12:53 PM.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 95

Chuck, you left the bay area? No wonder I haven't seen you lately!
    I know someone who recently bought a Decker DSR and may be looking for a trailer, I'll tell him about yours. Are you getting something else, or just downsizing?

Yup gone from Bay area now. I have 2 formula cars and 2 enclosed trailers but can only fit one trailer and all the cars in the garage. The trailer for sale is the nicer lighter one and always got around 17 mpg (gas not diesel) loaded to the max on the San Jose- Prescott trip

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Inside height 6' or ?

It is spec'd at 72" but I am 6' tall and I can only stand up straight in between the overhead tubes for the roof. I have to bend a little at the roof cross tubes. I can make an exact measurement if you wish. It has an axle near the roof in the rear for the ramp door coil spring.

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 41

What's the Pace model number for this trailer? I don't see anything under 1200 pounds on their website.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by B17overhead View Post
    It is spec'd at 72" but I am 6' tall and I can only stand up straight in between the overhead tubes for the roof. I have to bend a little at the roof cross tubes. I can make an exact measurement if you wish. It has an axle near the roof in the rear for the ramp door coil spring.
    Thank you for the spec. No need for an exact measurement. A 6' is great for gas mileage, but I was entertaining the thought for a kart and some dirt bikes and I prefer a trailer that I can stand up straight in while walking around.

Best of luck with the sale.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OneWayOut View Post
    What's the Pace model number for this trailer? I don't see anything under 1200 pounds on their website.

I'm guessing it's a trim line that is no longer offered. It has the rounded roof cap which most of their small base models don't have. The roof is a bit lighter as well as the suspension has been changed out to rubber torsion arms instead of steel leaf springs. It may have a smaller side door than the standard 36" as well.

If the new axle is brakes delete that will save a few pounds as well (no break-a-way battery either).

Probably the case that this size trailer is being made heavier now by Pace. The floor was not the current thick 3/4 plywood either. That may add a 1/4" or so to the standup room. The leaf springs and brackets that were replaced weighed a lot too.

Price reduced from 2,800 to 2,500.
    Trailer gets great gas mileage and tows nicely behind a small SUV or car even in the mountains.

It is very hard, perhaps impossible now, to find a commercially made trailer this size, low weight, and low ride height.
    I shopped for quite a while and ended up buying this older lightweight series PACE new then spent a lot of time and money to change the axle system. It is about 4-5" lower than the factory setup. The lowered ride height also provides an aero drag reduction when towing with anything other than a motor home.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 95

Chuck, thats the nice thing about the torsion axles - lower floor height. I searched for a long time to find a toybox type trailer that had torsion axles. After I got the trailer I relocated the trailing arms on the splined shafts and lowered the trailer some more since I wasn't going off road, and wasn't worried about overloading the trailer since its a three axle and the car isn't very heavy. Which is nice.

Thread Information