Liked: 33

Default CDS System from Spec racer Ford

I've been told that the CDS System comes off a SRF Gen II car when it's converted to a gen III. Anyone know of one of these used CDS systems that are for sale?

Contributing Member phantomjock's Avatar
    Liked: 105

Default Maybe yes -Maybe No...

My "orbit" is a bit eccentric, but follow the GEN2 and GenIIIs (quite literally in fact.)

Have seen some GENIIIs being sold with full CDS set-up, so must still have some utility. Seem to recall DWSmith (the Dude Abides) here on APEXSPEED had a CDS for sale a while back.

Good luck on your hunt.

Cheers - Jim
    When I used to fly Phantoms, I was called an AVIATOR.
    Now I race cars. So, am I now called a PAVIATOR?

Contributing Member
    Liked: 102

If I remember correctly, CDS was one of the first with support for the GenIII.

Fallen Friend
    Liked: 33

If a SRF Gen 2 has a CDS system, the system is likely going to be used in a SRF Gen 3. There are some sensors that are needed on a Gen 2 that is not needed on a Gen 3 because the ECU of the Gen 3 eliminates the need for some sensors.

Liked: 0

PM sent with an email address. I don't check here very often

-Mike

Thread Information