Thread: Region Question

Liked: 0

Default Region Question

Can I race in SEDIV if I live in the MS region(#73)? I ask this because the class for which I looking to purchase a car for has the most participation in the Southeast Region VS the Midwest and the tracks are closer to my home than those of the Midwest Region.

Thanks

Liked: 844

Yes. You can DECLARE any Division/Conference at the beginning of the season and race wherever you want. Points will be awarded in your Division/Conference of RECORD - the one you declare - IF the race is IN that area. You can also JOIN *ANY* region in SCCA as a "region of record" or as a secondary region. Your HOME Region does not have to be your Region of record and you can be a member of as many regions as you want... just have to pay the regional dues.
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Liked: 353

A point of technical clarification: Your division and conference of record is determined by your region of record. You can be a member of any region in the country, put if you want points in the Southeast Division/Southern Conference you need your region of record to be one of the regions in SEDiv.
    Peter Olivola
    (polivola@gmail.com)

Liked: 307

I am a dual Region member. One Region is NEDIV and the other is SEDIV.

My declared Region of Record has been SEDIV.

In looking at my membership profile on SCCA.com it shows my RoR as the NEDIV region and I don't see any means to correct it.

Liked: 353

800 770 2055 ask for Membership.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    I am a dual Region member. One Region is NEDIV and the other is SEDIV.

My declared Region of Record has been SEDIV.

In looking at my membership profile on SCCA.com it shows my RoR as the NEDIV region and I don't see any means to correct it.
    Peter Olivola
    (polivola@gmail.com)

Thanks everyone for the information. This really helps. The SCCA site is not clear on this nor where the region lines are.

Liked: 3787

I live in Florida and have been a member of the Atlanta Region for 18 years.

I am looking at purchasing an FE and want to race in SEDIV in the Southeast Division, what region inside of the Southeast Division would I join or does it matter?

Liked: 307

Quote Originally Posted by TSK Racing View Post
    I am looking at purchasing an FE and want to race in SEDIV in the Southeast Division, what region inside of the Southeast Division would I join or does it matter?
    Makes no difference as long as it is a SEDIV Region.

Remember, Regions are local clubs and have meetings in their 'local area'. In becoming a member of a Region you are able to vote for the Officers of that Region, and thus affect the path that the Region takes moving forward. The reality of SCCA is that there are Regions that have an affinity for particular form of competition. Some are 'racing regions', some are 'autocross regions' some may favor rallying or rallycross. SCCA Regions are grassroots car clubs.

Thanks that makes sense now I appreciate it. I have to admit though, the SCCA does not make these type of issues of club structure very clear.

Liked: 41

Geographically, you are closest to the Alabama Region (centered in Birmingham, AL) or the Tennessee Valley Region (centered in Huntsville, AL). Both these Regions have good Road Racing credentials and combine to put on the SARRC held at Barber Motorsports Park. They also put on a couple of Track Trials each year which are great for testing.

Next closest for a Road Racing Region would be Atlanta, then Buccaneer (Savannah, GA),
    Craig Farr
    2006 Stohr WF1 P2
    FARROUT Racing

Thanks for that. That is very helpful information.

Thread Information