Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default RF90 GSXR1000 FB Project $7500

Project started a few years ago but not finished.
    Comes with GSXR1000 motor with Peter D pan. OZ 8" and 10" wheels. Some spare suspension arms. Penske shocks. Spooled diff. Needs finishing.
    $7500
    Thanks,
    Neil
    neildrake at yahoo
    (858) 353-0100
    San Diego
    Attached Images Attached Images

Contributing Member

Default Price Drop ...$6500

I've had a few calls on the car but I must be out of touch with current prices.
    $6500 for basically complete car with motor. Just needs a bit of finishing
    Thanks,
    Neil
    neildrake at yahoo dot com
    858 353-0100

Liked: 555

This seems like a great deal. Way back when, when I first started building a RF94 F1000, I sure would have liked to come across this. It would have saved me a ton of work, and knowing Neil's skills, he has probably done a good job of starting this project.

Some of you may remember Neil's pretty Stohr conversion from a few years ago:
    http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38127

A few months ago I bought a project car from Neil and I'm very happy with what he started. Neil has built a few motorcycle powered cars, including sand buggies, so he's got a pretty good base of experience. Neil was also very patient working with me regarding shipping, logistics, questions after the sale, etc.

Anyone looking into a budget FB car that has a good chance of being reliable and fast should feel comfortable considering a car from Neil.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 3

I am very interested in this. However, I am new to formula car racing and don't know squat. I had the opprotunity to buy a Formula Ford 2000 and passed on it and now I'm kicking myself everyday. Is it missing a front wing? Does the engine still need to be fabricated and installed? 404-520-3067

Contributing Member

Thanks for the kind words Russ.
    With cars I've sold, I've supported with further development and fabrication to help the new owner. I usually do this at cost of materials only. The Stohr Russ mentioned had a weak rear a-arm mount that was cracking. I redesigned the piece and shipped replacement and a spare within a couple of weeks. Russ and I redesigned the gearbox mounting and chain tension mechanism for RT4 project and I think we turned parts out of the water jet shop in about a week. I really want to see my projects stay on the track. I have CAD files that can be quickly modified and parts made in either my machine shop at work or a waterjet shop local to me.

Josh, to answer your question, the engine is there and needs installation. The rear motor mounts to mock transaxle are complete. Mount for the cylinder head to chassis are not complete. Headers need to be fabricated. Fuel and coolant lines need to be run. Wiring harness needs to be procured (these are off the shelf for a properly modified/simplified harness). A new front nose box with mounting for the wings and the wings themselves I do have.
    Having some fabrication skills will be required to complete this car but I can provide some guidance for someone who wants advice.
    Neil

I come from motorcycle road racing. I know the bikes inside and out, and I know cars pretty well...but looking at these things makes me crosseyed. Would you be wiling to make it a turn key, and if so what would be the price? It doesn't sound like it is too far away. Fuel and coolant lines don't concern me to make... engine mount fabrication....little shakey but could be done if not by me then by someone else.

Classifieds Super License HayesCages's Avatar
    Liked: 180

Neil,
    Does the engine have a wire harness or headers? How much finishing is there?
    Thanks,
    LH
    Lawrence Hayes
    Hayes Cages, LLC
    Sagle, ID.

Contributing Member

Hi Josh,
    I simply don't have enough time to make this car turn key. In the phoenix area, I'm sure that there are a couple car fab shops that could help but likely at relatively high cost. My recommendation is that if you're certain that FB is the class you want to run, buy a complete car that is ready to go. Focusing on driving rather than car development will make your entry into road racing much more productive.

Lawrence, the engine wiring harness and computer are there but not cut down for simplicity yet. Headers and rest of the exhaust system still need to be fabricated.
    Neil

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 58

Default engine

what year is the GSXR 1000?
    I have wiring, headers, air cleaner for a 2007-2008
    if needed

Contributing Member

Hi David,
    The engine is 2002. I don't believe the harness will work but I would be interested in the header.
    If possible, please send me a pic to my email neildrake at yahoo dot com and then we can also compare some dimensions to check compatibility
    Thanks,
    Neil

Would you be willing to sell it without the engine? And does it come with the side skirt body work (is this car even supposed to have that)? You can tell how clueless I am. I am not looking to really race in a series or anything right now, I just want to go to the track and have some fun and get a feel for it all right now.

Liked: 2

Quote Originally Posted by neildrake View Post
    Hi David,
    The engine is 2002. I don't believe the harness will work but I would be interested in the header.
    If possible, please send me a pic to my email neildrake at yahoo dot com and then we can also compare some dimensions to check compatibility
    Thanks,
    Neil
    Neil I got your email, I am very interested in doing it. I am in Scottsdale, sob by and let's check it out. I messages you my phone, call or text me. Thanx

Cruzebabuze,

I am in Gilbert. Do you have any formula cars in your possession up there? I would be interested in getting to know some people locally that are into this and get my toes wet so to speak.

Contributing Member

Default Car Sold, Thanks Apexspeed

Car has been sold.

Thank You Apexspeed.

Donation sent!

17. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information