Liked: 447

Default Helmet - I've got a Bell shaped head

I've got a Bell shaped head... Before I revert back to Bell by default, what other brands should I look at that would fit similarly?

I'd like to try on some of the HJC line... Anyone know where I can try them on in the Chicagoland area?

EDIT: I've found their dealer locator on their website...

F.A.S.T. Fresh Air Systems Technologies
    35.8 miles
    433 East Golf Road
    Des Plaines, IL 60016

Touge Factory
    39.2 miles
    2181 Foster Ave.
    Wheeling, IL 60090

Northstar Motorsports
    47.7 miles
    28144 W. Industrial Ave., Suite 108
    Barrington, IL 60010
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1115

Can't beat HJC bang/buck for motorcycle helmets, and the fit is much like Bell Race. I'll bet their racewear is the same.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Liked: 955

Quote Originally Posted by TimH View Post
    Can't beat HJC bang/buck for motorcycle helmets, and the fit is much like Bell Race. I'll bet their racewear is the same.
    I have had the AR11 and AR12 helmets. Great fit, yes very much like Bell. The chin and sides are not too deep to interfere with a Hans device.

Make sure the helmet fits you with your HANS while you are sitting belted in your car. I had some real surprises. One helmet would not allow me to see the gauges.
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Liked: 3

Default I got a Zamp

The kids gave me it for Christmas. I have had Bell and Simpson over the Years. Gotta say I like this one a lot! Not pricey fits good no lifting issues at Summit Point or POCONO!

Liked: 447

I was looking at Zamp... I heard they were originally made in the same factory as Bell since they were the Euro spec Bell product originally, but Zamp has since been making their own helmets. Where did you get it from? I'd like to try one on, but I don't believe there are any places where I could test fitment locally.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 9

Keith,

Contact Bob Zecca at Driving Impressions. Buy one, try it on, if you like it, keep it, if not, send it back with no issues. He is really good to work with.

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Carter View Post
    I was looking at Zamp... I heard they were originally made in the same factory as Bell since they were the Euro spec Bell product originally, but Zamp has since been making their own helmets. Where did you get it from? I'd like to try one on, but I don't believe there are any places where I could test fitment locally.
    Currently Without Car

Liked: 77

I have always used a Bell (Simpson and others just never fit well). I tried on a Black Armor helmet at their booth at the Runoffs and liked it a lot. I am seriously considering switching this time around.

Dave

Liked: 9

Default HJC Helmets

I don't believe the SA2015 HJC helmets are available yet. They are supposed to start coming end of 2016/early 2017.

If you have a Bell shaped head, they tend to fit in the middle of oval and round shaped heads in my experience. HJC fits more oval shaped heads (oval front to back). If this is the case and you like HJC, I would also recommend Arai, Stilo, Roux and Oreca. The Oreca is going to be closer to the price range of the HJC AR10-II and the Roux fiberblass is a tad bit more but it's already wired for sound and has hydration. Roux fiberglass due mid December.

Most dealers will work with you on exchanging a helmet if it doesn't fit well.
    ApexPerformance.net
    Premier Racing Outfitters

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information